Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns (Pre-Alignment)
Reload this Page >

Frontier Applies for Daily Service to CUN from IND & STL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2009, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Frontier Airlines has applied to fly daily service between Indianapolis - IND, and St. Louis - STL. Service will be on the Airbus A319. Pending government approval.

http://www.regulations.gov/search/Re...00006480a1cb4d
Old Sep 5, 2009, 4:59 am

I thought they tried IND-CUN last year and it didn't work out.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 9:48 am
Original Poster

It isn't that the route didn't work out. Frontier was pulling almost all the point to point routes at the time in order to try and survive. I assume they are receiving some kind of incentive to bring this route back with daily service. Perhaps also there will be some feed coming from MKE on the Midwest flights. The last time Frontier ran this route they at most ran 3 times a week. So this is a pretty big change even in the best of times.

BTW the service will start December 19th.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Indy
Frontier Airlines has applied to fly daily service between Indianapolis - IND, and St. Louis - STL. Service will be on the Airbus A319. Pending government approval.

http://www.regulations.gov/search/Re...00006480a1cb4d
Didnt F9 hasn't already reapplies by few years ago for STL-CUN? Because it was fifth freedom traffic rights to gets filing the authority for STL-CUN. It will try to get subject of government approval. Either way they didn't applies again for almost 2 or 3 times during the times. Because F9 are fought against DOT wants to get more traffic rights for STL-CUN & IND-CUN, too.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

I feel 90% sure that Frontier had submitted a notice to the DOT a year or so ago stating that they were dropping the CUN service from IND. That may have acted as official notice that they were surrendering rights to the route. In that case they would have to reapply which is what it looks like they have done.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA (ExPlat).DL,UA Hertz (Pres Circle); Avis (First), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by N830MH
Didnt F9 hasn't already reapplies by few years ago for STL-CUN? Because it was fifth freedom traffic rights to gets filing the authority for STL-CUN. It will try to get subject of government approval. Either way they didn't applies again for almost 2 or 3 times during the times. Because F9 are fought against DOT wants to get more traffic rights for STL-CUN & IND-CUN, too.
It isn't "Fifth Freedom." That's an airline from one country flying between two or more others. if they were doing something like STL-CUN-SJO, the CUN-SJO segment would be 5th Freedom. IND-STL-CUN isn't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.