Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns (Pre-Alignment)
Reload this Page >

Anyone else find Frontier a bit stingy on the miles they say their flgihts are?

Old May 28, 09, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

I know this is a bit nit-picky but I was thinking about this today. Compared to both Great Cricle Mapper (which I know is not an authority on this) and other airlines, it seems Frontier is a bit stingy on the miles they pay out on their routes. Two examples I've flown are:

PHX-DEN: US/UA give 602, F9 gives 589
SEA-DEN: UA gives 1,024, F9 gives 1,019.

Anyone else notice this?
Old May 28, 09, 8:47 pm

Programs: WN A-list/CP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plt,*wood Plt,F9 Summitt, Hyatt Diamond,
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
I know this is a bit nit-picky but I was thinking about this today. Compared to both Great Cricle Mapper (which I know is not an authority on this) and other airlines, it seems Frontier is a bit stingy on the miles they pay out on their routes. Two examples I've flown are:

PHX-DEN: US/UA give 602, F9 gives 589
SEA-DEN: UA gives 1,024, F9 gives 1,019.

Anyone else notice this?
What difference does it make? Using "Early returns" is not anywhere close to WN or others............you can get Fargo for 20K or maybe Billings? 40K isn't exactly something to get excited about using for a Domestic ticket. I will not make Summitt this year due to redemption issues.
Old May 29, 09, 12:37 am

Programs: Asiana Airlines(Silver) Visa, Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns, Hiliton HHonors Blue
what I never understood is how roundtrip to Alaska or Mexico is 30,000 miles but what is the EarlyReturns® CHOICE+ Roundtrip that like 55,000? why use more miles then you have to? sorry I am a newbie to flying and FF.
Old May 29, 09, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by InkedParrot View Post
what I never understood is how roundtrip to Alaska or Mexico is 30,000 miles but what is the EarlyReturns® CHOICE+ Roundtrip that like 55,000? why use more miles then you have to? sorry I am a newbie to flying and FF.
The Choice + award is pretty much any available seat, versus the much more limited availability of the standard awards.

Checko
Old May 29, 09, 1:06 am

Programs: Asiana Airlines(Silver) Visa, Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns, Hiliton HHonors Blue
Originally Posted by GreatChecko View Post
The Choice + award is pretty much any available seat, versus the much more limited availability of the standard awards.

Checko
Thanks, GreatChecko!
Old May 29, 09, 8:00 am

Programs: WN A-list/CP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plt,*wood Plt,F9 Summitt, Hyatt Diamond,
Originally Posted by GreatChecko View Post

Checko
"more limited availability"? that's very understated. Standard awards are non- existent @20K to any place one would like to go. It seems Air Tan is the best option to use the miles on F9 at a reasonable 20K level.
Old May 29, 09, 8:40 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, Amtrak, VIA
Originally Posted by loboclone View Post
"more limited availability"? that's very understated. Standard awards are non- existent @20K to any place one would like to go.
Or even places like MCI or MSP--90% of the time an inquiry comes up as "no flights pick another day", and then, if you do get a flight it's only the 6am departure. In spite of F9s great product, I'm looking to cash out of Early Returns. Perhaps elites get expanded availability for twice the miles, but that's no bargain. F9 is fine for the Kettles, but if you are looking at a FF program, F9 has been useless since BK.
Old May 31, 09, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by Daze View Post
Or even places like MCI or MSP--90% of the time an inquiry comes up as "no flights pick another day", and then, if you do get a flight it's only the 6am departure. In spite of F9s great product, I'm looking to cash out of Early Returns. Perhaps elites get expanded availability for twice the miles, but that's no bargain. F9 is fine for the Kettles, but if you are looking at a FF program, F9 has been useless since BK.
Agreed, I am looking alot at AirTran for "the cash out"! Burning 40K for a Domestic stinks!
Old Jun 15, 09, 4:04 pm

Programs: no elite status, but i get around
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
it seems Frontier is a bit stingy on the miles they pay out on their routes. Anyone else notice this?
more odd is that the mileage you earn is different from the mileage listed on F9s flight details. if you inquire with F9, let us know what they say.

Search this Thread