Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IND-LAX (via DEN)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2009, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

IND-LAX (via DEN)

Hello all- Will be flying F9 for the first time... It'll be IND-DEN-LAX... both legs are flight 406. What can I expect? I'm used to UA. How do they board? Is there a charge for checking a bag? I am looking forward to these flights. As always, thanks in advance.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 7:11 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
F9 flies newish A319's. Service is great and much better than UA in coach. There is DirectTV in the back of the seat that will cost you something like 5.99 per leg if you want to use it. I don't know if there is a bag fee. Summits (their top tier) don't have charges like the bag fee or DirectTV fee. They also get free drinks.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by sletohdarnoc
Hello all- Will be flying F9 for the first time... It'll be IND-DEN-LAX... both legs are flight 406. What can I expect? I'm used to UA. How do they board? Is there a charge for checking a bag? I am looking forward to these flights. As always, thanks in advance.
F9 boards by row number. There is a charge for checking a bag, however, if you bought a Classic or Classic Plus fare, you get two bags free. If you bought your ticket through Orbitz or the like, you probably have an Economy fare and should expect to pay $15 for the first bag and $25 for the second bag (Classic is usually $20 more, so it can be worth it if you plan on checking a bag and watching TV). Also, TV is an additional $5.99, I believe.

I hope you enjoy the flight on Frontier!

Checko
Old Apr 17, 2009, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by sletohdarnoc
How do they board?
In general, elites and then from the back of the bus to the front.

IIRC, the last few times I've flown F9 it's worked this way:

1) Elites (Ascent and Summit) and rows 20 and higher, plus rows 1 and 2 (possibly because they're bulkheads with more limited overhead storage?)

2) Rows 15 and higher

3) Rows 12 and higher

4) Rows 10 and higher

5) Rows 8 and higher

6) Everybody

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.