Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns (Pre-Alignment)
Reload this Page >

Refund if checked in but no-show on refundable ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2009, 5:56 pm
nnn
Original Poster

Programs: All-Around Kettle

I have a Classic Plus ticket (refundable). If I check in online but do not show up for the flight, can I still get a refund?

I should note that I was told on the phone by an agent that I can get the refund, but not wanting to risk that being bad info, I just thought I'd check on this forum in case anyone has had any experience in that regard. Many thanks.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
i know that i have done it with united, us, and american, and gotten the refund every time. one time (united) i actually went to the airport, checked in there (no luggage), then had an emergency so could not take the trip, without mentioning the emergency, i got a refund processed online, and i was refunded fully.

i think what i actually did was against the law as i read in some post a long time ago, but this was only a couple weeks ago, and i actually intended to fly, so im not sure

Last edited by jetsfan92588; Jan 29, 2009 at 6:05 pm Reason: not knowing english
Old Jan 29, 2009, 6:55 pm
nnn
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jetsfan92588
i know that i have done it with united, us, and american, and gotten the refund every time. one time (united) i actually went to the airport, checked in there (no luggage), then had an emergency so could not take the trip, without mentioning the emergency, i got a refund processed online, and i was refunded fully.

i think what i actually did was against the law as i read in some post a long time ago, but this was only a couple weeks ago, and i actually intended to fly, so im not sure
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure what would be illegal about that, though!
Old Jan 29, 2009, 10:11 pm

I can assure you that you will be eligible for a refund. When you buy your ticket, your segment/coupon status says "okay." Once you are checked in, it then changes from "okay" to "checked in." Once the plane departs, your ticket then changes to "used."

If you fail to arrive at the gate for your flight, you will be offloaded, and that action changes your ticket back from "checked in" to "okay." So long as nothing is "used," your ticket will be eligible for full refund per Classic Plus fare guidelines.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by nnn
I have a Classic Plus ticket (refundable). If I check in online but do not show up for the flight, can I still get a refund?

I should note that I was told on the phone by an agent that I can get the refund, but not wanting to risk that being bad info, I just thought I'd check on this forum in case anyone has had any experience in that regard. Many thanks.
I hope all is well...

I'd agree with pretty much everything that has been said. Especially on a Classic Plus ticket, I don't see how you could have a problem.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 4:52 pm
nnn
Original Poster

Thanks to all for the replies!
Old Feb 14, 2009, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Originally Posted by nnn
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure what would be illegal about that, though!
well you wouldnt be allowed to do it just to go into the club or something, as that is considered fraudulently entering a secure zone or something like that
Old Mar 5, 2009, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by jetsfan92588
well you wouldnt be allowed to do it just to go into the club or something, as that is considered fraudulently entering a secure zone or something like that
That is complete BS - at many airports you are allowed to enter the "sterile area" simply to go to a club, without even having to have the pretense of boarding a flight. Using the boarding pass to accomplish the same thing could not possibly be illegal. Furthermore, at all airports you are allowed to enter the sterile area for any variety of reasons not requiring a boarding pass or intent to fly, such as accompanying a minor traveler, being an airport employee, etc. so clearly there is no requirement to have an intent to fly to enter the sterile area.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 4:57 am

Programs: UA & IHG Plat, SWAlist, Frontier 100k, Marriott Titan, IHG-Hilton-Hyatt-Wynd Gold, Nat EE, Hertz PC
I don't get it, if you have a Plus you have a seat already, just don't check-in online and you won't have any worries. Geesh!

Patrick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.