FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns (Pre-Alignment) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frontier-airlines-earlyreturns-pre-alignment-491/)
-   -   Warning: $75 Expedited fees for Award Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frontier-airlines-earlyreturns-pre-alignment/889569-warning-75-expedited-fees-award-travel.html)

hacksaw Nov 17, 2008 9:52 am

Warning: $75 Expedited fees for Award Travel

I'm probably posting this out of spite or revenge. I have enjoyed flying F9 in the past, but this one has me boiling....

I made an award reservation on 11/14 to fly SLC-ATL on 11/28--fourteen days in advance. Since the booking systems does only shows the taxes and not the fees (be it 1 day or 100 days in advance; $25 redemption or $75 expedited), I was uncertain if I would be charged the fee. So, I called a rep, and was told that if I booked it by midnight (MT time), I wouldn't be charged the expedited fee. Hence, I booked it, and noticed the $75 Expedited fee on my CC today.

I called a rep, escalated to a supervisor, pled my case, and was told that the clock ends the day before travel (in my case, 11/27) and was within the 14 day period. I explained that a rep told me otherwise, and the confirmation screen doesn't display it. No mercy. Wouldn't waive the fee. So, I filed a complaint with Customer Relations. A bad experience in every way.

As someone who really enjoyed F9, I'm having to rethink them as a preferred carrier with all the junk fees. SWA can run the business without the fees, and actually do care about their customers--I just wish they'd get into ATL.

mcgahat Nov 17, 2008 10:09 am

Ok, this is timely for me. I am looking to use some of my miles on F9 and noticed that when I go to select a flight it just shows the taxes not the fees and I was booking like 10 days out. I ended up not booking as I didnt like the flights in the end but this is a pretty crappy system. I know they have the big discaimer when you go to check for awards but still.....

DenverF9Flier Nov 17, 2008 2:01 pm

I really enjoy flying F9 but agree their website is a dinosaur... even when they "redid" it several years back, they just put a new skin over the same old booking engine... the colors and graphics changed but the old website functionality was the same.

I hear they're coming out with Tiered pricing and major changes to EarlyReturns pretty soon, and that it was delayed primarily by technological reasons. I wonder if this means that they are writing a new website (along with the back-end system changes which would obviously be required)

loboclone Nov 17, 2008 4:28 pm

I feel everyones's pain, booked a flight to Cabo and got hit with over $100 in fee's. Also booked a flight for my companion on UA for same dates got hit with $75.00 in fees. Thats $175 for "free tickets"?

I use WN more than any airline, get 14 "free tickets"/yr and no fees! Companion Pass used almost every month, no fees! I am Summitt on F9 but $100 bucks to go to Cabo? why the fees?
WN is going to mexico with Volaris Air and other spots with Westjet, why bother with F9 after 2010? I am fee'ed out for freebies! So much for my rant.......