FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns (Pre-Alignment) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frontier-airlines-earlyreturns-pre-alignment-491/)
-   -   Frontier's stock plummets.... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frontier-airlines-earlyreturns-pre-alignment/867492-frontiers-stock-plummets.html)

United737522 Sep 18, 2008 2:12 pm

Frontier's stock plummets....

Anyone have any news that is causing a massive sell-off of F9 stock FRNTQ? It is down to .16 a share, almost a 50% drop in 48 hours...

Investors seem to have very little confidence in F9, it makes me worry.

Spiff Sep 18, 2008 2:29 pm

I try to avoid stocks whose fifth letter in the ticker symbol is "Q". :eek:

nathockens Sep 18, 2008 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Spiff (Post 10389948)
I try to avoid stocks whose fifth letter in the ticker symbol is "Q". :eek:

What does the Q mean?

Eastbay1K Sep 18, 2008 7:22 pm

http://www.sec.gov/answers/qadded.htm

It means it is basically already worthless.

Boston_Bulldog Sep 18, 2008 7:35 pm

Bye Bye Frontier

Bye-Bye F9 ... belly-up time Chapter 7 NOT Chapter 11

sbm12 Sep 18, 2008 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by Boston_Bulldog (Post 10391281)

Though not certain, the fact is that going from 0.32 to 0.16, while a loss of 50%, is also just a minor adjustment in the fact that it has been a few months now since F9 was a "safe" investment. And suggesting that they are destined for Ch7 instead of Ch11 is a pretty bold move. Any real reason for that??

najay Sep 18, 2008 8:43 pm

my wife and I are hoping that they hold on for the next few weeks ... i have been promising her a flight with an animal on the tail - hopefully Jack.

I have always had great flights on frontier, and try to fly them whenever they are an option.

GreatChecko Sep 18, 2008 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by Boston_Bulldog (Post 10391281)

And it would have nothing to do with the fact that not only is the general stock market on a downward trend, that it is becoming less and less likely that the stock will be declared worthless and reissued once F9 comes out of BK???

ExpeditedClimb Sep 19, 2008 9:53 am

Recent Injection?

Didn't Frontier just get a nice little capital injection from Republic and a few others? From what I remember, this was actually a better deal than the earlier financing they'd received late July, so it's somewhat of a back-up.

Could there be a change in their financing deals? This could mean curtains. Anyone want some cheap A319's?

Regardless, I'm pulling for F9 on this one. Great company.

Pizzaman Sep 21, 2008 8:20 am

Moving Thread

Moderator Hat On

Since there's no specific news piece here, I'm moving this to the Frontier forum for further discussion.

Moderator Hat Off

DenverF9Flier Sep 21, 2008 1:34 pm

Actually, they have obtained a signifigant cash infusion, oil prices have been dropping, and their operating loss has almost vanished... I'd say that they actually look to be coming out of the woods.

notsosmart Sep 21, 2008 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by DenverF9Flier (Post 10402130)
Actually, they have obtained a signifigant cash infusion, oil prices have been dropping, and their operating loss has almost vanished... I'd say that they actually look to be coming out of the woods.

I was under the same impression.

jiburi Sep 24, 2008 8:20 pm

Typically nothing to worry about. In a typical bankruptcy filing, I believe the old stock/certificates will eventually be cancelled and work their way to being worthless (.00). It's just making its way to its final value.... New ones will be issued with a high value when it emerges from bankruptcy.

Jiburi