FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns (Pre-Alignment) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frontier-airlines-earlyreturns-pre-alignment-491/)
-   -   Reduced award availability after filing Ch. 11 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frontier-airlines-earlyreturns-pre-alignment/852017-reduced-award-availability-after-filing-ch-11-a.html)

Robmorrow Aug 4, 2008 5:13 pm

Reduced award availability after filing Ch. 11

I was trying to redeem some tickets to MCO next April, as their schedule is out only until 4/22, and no seats seem to be available. Has F9 been more stingy in releasing seats after filing Ch. 11?

Rob

loboclone Aug 5, 2008 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Robmorrow (Post 10149030)
I was trying to redeem some tickets to MCO next April, as their schedule is out only until 4/22, and no seats seem to be available. Has F9 been more stingy in releasing seats after filing Ch. 11?

Rob

You got to be Kidding? There are no 15K seats on F9, unless your Summitt or Ascent and that takes 25K for US and more for International. Ch 11 has made it impossible without status for the person with 15K to do anything with miles. Yet the Mastercard hawkers are everywhere in terminal A pushing the "Free ticket on F9" with 15K miles with first purchase! It is nuts to think anyone is getting a freebie for a Mastercard application. It's about revenue not freebies.............
Lot's of Luck!

Robmorrow Aug 5, 2008 11:33 pm

It's actually 30k for Summit and Ascent. I do see some 15k awards available so they are out there. I was just surprised that far out next April is still not available.

GreatChecko Aug 6, 2008 12:58 am

MCO flights tend to be very full, so I'd expect the 15K award seats to go pretty quickly. I bet if you wanted to go to a less exciting destination like Billings, MT or Rapid City, SD you might have better luck ;-)

Daze Aug 6, 2008 7:00 am

F9 15k awards are virtually unavailable. AA and UA 25k awards are much easier to obtain, and this is a primary reason I don't transfer more of my business to F9. The miles are useless.

loboclone Aug 6, 2008 8:10 am

Originally Posted by GreatChecko (Post 10157240)
MCO flights tend to be very full, so I'd expect the 15K award seats to go pretty quickly. I bet if you wanted to go to a less exciting destination like Billings, MT or Rapid City, SD you might have better luck ;-)

You forgot Fargo....................it would be free.

loboclone Aug 6, 2008 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Robmorrow (Post 10156987)
It's actually 30k for Summit and Ascent. I do see some 15k awards available so they are out there. I was just surprised that far out next April is still not available.

I stand corrected, it is 30K for elites. Let's burn some miles.
Has anyone converted to Air Tran with any success? Curious about what might be available on them?

Premier Al Aug 6, 2008 8:31 am

My wife, a non-Ascent or Summit member, had lots of choices of F9 15k award seats from DEN to SNA in September, even over the weekend she wanted to travel. Later, after her plans changed, she was even able to reschedule her award seats.

Maybe more award seats are showing up now that summer is winding down. But 15k award seats definitely are available for the rank-and-file members.

Bratwurst und Bier Aug 12, 2008 3:24 pm

I recently booked a 15K roundtrip and an 10K oneway from DFW to Bozeman, MT. There was plenty of award availibility and I have no status.

GreatChecko Aug 12, 2008 3:38 pm

Just my observation, but it seems that the 15K awards are much more difficult to get into the busier destinations.

Frontier already doesn't have much frequency into places like DCA, MCO, LGA, etc. so wouldn't it follow that the award availability would also be a bit restricted?

jessej Aug 15, 2008 7:41 am

I spent almost a year trying to find a 15k award seat from dca to the sf bay area

i gave up, added 5k amex points to the acct and booked the flight with air tran and zeroed out the frontier account