40k Early Returns CC offer

Old Feb 17, 2010, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

40k Early Returns CC offer

Did anyone else accept the offer of 40k Early Returns miles for the Barclays MasterCard and spending $750.00. This offer was written about by Tim Winship of Smarter Travel as posted October 8, 2009 on frequentflyer.com.
The second 20,000 miles were to be rewarded if one charged at least $750.00 by February 28, 2010. I received the first 20k miles right away but have not received the second 20k. I had reached the $750 in spending by my statement closing Dec 10, 2009. It has now been over eight weeks since that date. Have other people received the second 20k. Is it possible that the system waits until Feb 28, 2010 to verify those who have reached the required spending and then award miles to all at once? I have a copy of the Smarter Travel article but did not copy the specific offer which was accessed by a link in the article. Does anyone else have a copy of the offer or an offer code?
Old Feb 19, 2010, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

CSR informs that the second 20k bonus miles will post on 2-28-10 and will be on March Statements. We shall see!
Old Mar 1, 2010, 9:38 am

I don't have mine yet, does anyone else?
Old Mar 11, 2010, 9:58 pm

Angry 750 in purchases

can anyone confirm if the $750 to qualify for the second 20,000 miles is any purchase or only Frontier purchases? a CSR on the barclays line told me the latter... but I looked at all the fine print and it doesn't seem to indicate that. I didn't buy 750 worth of Frontier tickets but I spent well over that of regular purchases.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 5:14 am

Programs: I fly whomever offers the best flight(s) where and when I want to go (with some exceptions...)
Originally Posted by JSteele
I don't have mine yet, does anyone else?
From my online statement (which just closed):

Frequent Flyer XXYXYXYYAYblahblahblahblahDFDFD
MilesEarnedThisPeriod 1,200
Bonus/Promotional Miles + 231
Adjustments + 20,000
Total MilesSent toFrontier Airlines = 21,431

(Bonus miles = Frontier ticket)

I did not spend > $750 on Frontier tickets during the promo period.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 8:08 pm

Ok good to know... I called Frontier Airlines and they told me to talk to a supervisor at barclays. called barclays back, got someone who knew what they were talking about and told me the miles would post within 30 days of february 28th, so by march 28th. if they are giving me the run around we will see but i'll be patient for now at least they confirmed I qualified for it.

fyi it's called the Frontier Celebration promotion, is what they said on the phone. some of the barclays people don't seem to know much about the promos though (probably just taking CC app info over the phone)
Old Mar 15, 2010, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA,SW, F9
Originally Posted by dchapm
Ok good to know... I called Frontier Airlines and they told me to talk to a supervisor at barclays. called barclays back, got someone who knew what they were talking about and told me the miles would post within 30 days of february 28th, so by march 28th. if they are giving me the run around we will see but i'll be patient for now at least they confirmed I qualified for it.

fyi it's called the Frontier Celebration promotion, is what they said on the phone. some of the barclays people don't seem to know much about the promos though (probably just taking CC app info over the phone)
I received notification of the second 20,000 miles with my 3/10 Mastercard statement. I checked my Frontier acct., and the miles are there.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

I received mine with the 3/10 statement closing.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 11:00 am

What's the best current offer for Frontier credit card, with annual fee waived for first year?
Old Dec 31, 2010, 8:49 am

I have yet to recieve my 2nd 20k miles and now the 2nd years $49 fee is due. I have spoke with CSR at both Barclay and Frontier and at first they told me the miles were coming over and over. Then they generated a "ticket" and sent emails to people. They promised I would receive some sort of response within 48 hours each time. I never received a response. A few days ago I called Frontier Early Returns for a final try (keep in mind it has been over a year now). They told me the same thing, they would generate a "ticket" (a complaint) and send an email and I should hear something within 3 days. I explained that that was not going to be acceptable and that the only thing I would accept is that I receive the 20k miles on this phone call. I met all the requirements specified in the offer and I shouldn't have had to make as many calls and inquiries as I had. I would either get the miles or I would cancel the card and never fly Frontier again, nor would I book my ski club on any trips again. She was very understanding, but powerless to do anything except send and email. Yesterday however she called me back and told me that she had determined that in orderto recieve the offer I had to apply for the card on-line and theat I had applied in the airport, which is just not true. I can't recall if I applied on-line or over the phone, but I definitly did not apply in an airport. I fI applied over the phone I would have been very specific about the details of the offer and they should have told me that I would not qualifiy that way. That was all she could do, so I called Barclay's and cancelled the card. I tried to get my original $49 fee back which would have squared things in my mind, but no go there.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 12:38 pm

This FT thread might be of some interest.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...und-trips.html

Unfortunately, the link to promo details redirects to a blank page on the
F9 site.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.