Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancun from IND or BNA?

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2008, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Cancun from IND or BNA?

Past two years we have flown non-stop IND-CUN for Christmas. Understand that F9 has cancelled IND-CUN route. I'll miss them.

Are they still flying BNA (Nashville) - CUN? I tried to check New Year's week but there was nothing shown.

Prices even before latest increase were high on other carriers this year. Nashville is a 3 hour drive but if the 5 of us can save $1,000 (as we did from IND vs DL or US) and not have to overnight there we'll fly from there on F9 if they are flying.
Old May 26, 2008, 9:56 pm

F9 cancelled a bunch of their non-hub flying earlier this year. Much of those cuts were the Cancun flights. It looks like the Indy and Nashville flights are being discontinued as of June 1 and they don't look like they are coming back anytime soon.

You can always fly to Denver and connect to Mexico.

Checko
Old May 26, 2008, 10:24 pm

I was going to suggest flying NW since they fly IND-CUN nonstop but for now it is only early January through late August. Maybe they will pick up the slack now that F9 has dropped the route.
Old May 27, 2008, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Indy
I was going to suggest flying NW since they fly IND-CUN nonstop but for now it is only early January through late August. Maybe they will pick up the slack now that F9 has dropped the route.
I'll watch and see if NW adds a non-stop. Right now their times are poor and prices high. The January non-stop if it becomes available would work well for us.

My hope is that F9 will add back Cancun on a seasonal basis but suspect that it will not have the planes needed to do so.
Old May 29, 2008, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by mshaikun
I'll watch and see if NW adds a non-stop. Right now their times are poor and prices high. The January non-stop if it becomes available would work well for us.

My hope is that F9 will add back Cancun on a seasonal basis but suspect that it will not have the planes needed to do so.
IND-CUN on F9 is history. They advised the DOT that they were dropping the route. I believe this basically surrendered their right to fly it. The NW flight should be back Jan 3rd or 10th. The airport authority is trying to get someone to pick up the route year round. They'll get someone in I suspect. There will be financial pressure (I assume) on the airport authority to make use of those international arrivals gates and the field inspection station that will be housed in the new terminal. There is some significant square footage in that expensive building that will be unused otherwise. Or very lightly used. Something will get done.
Old May 30, 2008, 10:55 am
Original Poster

High season in Cancun really starts the Saturday before Christmas and runs through the spring break season with a slight drop off in early January. I hope Indianapolis has a non-stop in place by then as January 3 will be too late for us. Problem is that if it is NW or another traditional carrier, prices will be as high as flying from home and a two hour ride to the airport to avoid a connection may be hard to justify.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.