Can I Book a flight from LGA to LAS?

Old May 8, 2008, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Can I Book a flight from LGA to LAS?

I saw on Amex that you can get a free flight on Frontier Airlines for only 15K in points, and I was wondering if Frontier Airlines flies from LGA to LAS. I see they fly from LGA to Denver and Denver to LAS, but can you book an award from LGA to LAS?

I tried just booking a flight in Dec from LGA to LAS and nothing came up.

Can you please advise how it works? I am new to Frontier Airlines.

Thank you.
Old May 8, 2008, 9:32 pm

Programs: Frontier Summit, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
You are probably running into some of the unique "features" of the Frontier website. You usually can't see awards unless you have the points. I also ran into my usual issue of the flight search giving weird results on the first try. It was telling me that the city pairs were not eligible, but re-running the search from the error page gave me results.

I looked at December 9, return Dec. 16 (Tuesdays) and got a morning flight out of LGA and two evening returns from LAS at 15K round-trip. Clicked through to the confirmation page to see if they were valid and they came up fine with $10 taxes total.

How does Amex give you the points? Do they just transfer 15K into Early Returns? If so, after they are there you can use Flight Finder to book the flights. You might have to call Frontier Customer Service if it is handled any other way.
Old May 8, 2008, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Ignore, posted twice...

Last edited by yoshapman; May 8, 2008 at 9:53 pm
Old May 8, 2008, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JaggedMind
You are probably running into some of the unique "features" of the Frontier website. You usually can't see awards unless you have the points. I also ran into my usual issue of the flight search giving weird results on the first try. It was telling me that the city pairs were not eligible, but re-running the search from the error page gave me results.

I looked at December 9, return Dec. 16 (Tuesdays) and got a morning flight out of LGA and two evening returns from LAS at 15K round-trip. Clicked through to the confirmation page to see if they were valid and they came up fine with $10 taxes total.

How does Amex give you the points? Do they just transfer 15K into Early Returns? If so, after they are there you can use Flight Finder to book the flights. You might have to call Frontier Customer Service if it is handled any other way.
Do you see any rewards for 12/21 coming back on 12/28? I think most award programs don't have these dates because of Christmas, but just in case.

If not, can you check 12/18 coming back on 12/25.

Thanks.

The rules from Amex are below. The weird thing is, when I checked booking a normal flight from 12/21-12/28 it gave me the error (not even an award).

I actually just noticed on the website and it seems you can't book domestic flights past Dec 17? Do you know why that would be?

Also, I tried calling up tonight but it was over a half hour wait on the phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prior to transferring points or making an award seat reservation, you must first link your Membership Rewards account to your EarlyReturns account. Linking the accounts can be done by phone at 1-800-AXP-EARN (800-297-3276) or at the Membership Rewards website.
To check award seat availability and to make a reservation, call Frontier Airlines at 1-866-263-2759 between the hours of 6:00AM to 9:00 PM Mountain Time (Monday - Friday), and 9:00AM to 5:30PM Mountain Time (Saturday - Sunday). Please specify that you are interested in award seat availability. Frontier will hold your reservation for 24 hours.
If award seats are available, click the Transfer This Amount button above to transfer Membership Rewards points to your EarlyReturns account. Allow 24 hours for the transfer to complete.
To redeem your award for travel, call Frontier Airlines at 1-866-263-2759.
Old May 9, 2008, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by yoshapman
I actually just noticed on the website and it seems you can't book domestic flights past Dec 17? Do you know why that would be?
Just saw that too. I guess their current schedule ends on the 16th. I've never booked that far out, maybe someone else knows the details on when the schedules release.
Old May 9, 2008, 10:22 am

Like Southwest, Frontier found that limiting the available schedule lowers costs.

By allowing passengers to only book through December, it allows the airline to better schedule aircraft to match expected demand and to reduce costs associated with rebooking and refunding tickets due to schedule changes.

It's slightly annoying, but in the long run its better for everyone. Unfortunately, I haven't heard when the later schedules will be released.
Old May 9, 2008, 11:13 am

Programs: US Chairman no more. AA EXP
Given that it's difficult to use Early Returns miles during off peak times you have a snowball's chance in you know where that you'll be able to use these over the Christmas holiday.

The 15,000 miles reward is enticing in theory but not practical; you're better off using Rapid Rewards. WN seat availability isn't what it used to be but it's a lot better than Frontier and most other airlines.
Old May 11, 2008, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Would someone mind checking for me if there is 1 or 2 seats available anytime near Thanksgiving from LGA-LAS. Anytime leaving Nov 21, Nov 23 or Nov 24 and coming back Nov 27, 28, 30 or 1.

Thank you in advance.
Old May 11, 2008, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by yoshapman
Would someone mind checking for me if there is 1 or 2 seats available anytime near Thanksgiving from LGA-LAS. Anytime leaving Nov 21, Nov 23 or Nov 24 and coming back Nov 27, 28, 30 or 1.
Well, there are some among your return dates. You are screwed on the trip to LAS. The only available seat is on the evening flight on Turkey Day itself.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.