Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's Up With 11A/F in the new planes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2008, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
What's Up With 11A/F in the new planes

Thought this might be worth a thread.

Lately, I seem to draw the new configuration planes everywhere. I'm guessing they're now the majority of the fleet.

When I try to reserve online 11 A/F are almost always booked. Then when I get on board, the folks sitting in those seats are not normally Summit or Ascent.

Are these seats reserved for Summit or Ascent? Is there some other way of booking these seats?
Old Mar 26, 2008, 6:23 pm

Programs: Frontier Summit, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
I think it is that the programmers missed setting row 11 as premium when the new configs started to roll out. Since the usual "auto-seat" software likes to fill front to back and row 11 is the first fully open row it tends to get filled fast with general passengers. And it looks like they are ahead of schedule on the refits which is causing plane swaps after row 11 is filled.

Take a look at DEN-PHL: Up to April 8th, both flights are 319s with the old config. Row 11 is either full or listed in blue. From the 9th on, they are expecting the new configs and row 11 is properly listed as premium (and pretty much open).

So I guess we just have to deal with not always being able to grab the infinite leg-room seats for a short while longer.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 1:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, WN CP, Marriott Gold
I have been experiencing this problem as well. I have a theory that 11A/F are being blocked from any pre-assignment because that's where they stick 10A/F when their seats disappear on new-config planes. This is supported by the fact that last week, after being told by two separate agents that I was going to be on old config (they had the correct tail image in their system, so it wasn't a last-minute equipment swap), I got on to find new-config. But the FA informed me that I was shown in 11A on their manifest, instead of the 10A which I had been assigned.

However this may be a moot issue now, just today I booked a flight LGA->DEN and it was correctly showing the new config on the frontierairlines.com seatmap. Looks like the coders finally updated the system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.