FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns (Pre-Alignment) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frontier-airlines-earlyreturns-pre-alignment-491/)
-   -   Colorado Commuter Pass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frontier-airlines-earlyreturns-pre-alignment/805029-colorado-commuter-pass.html)

GreatChecko Mar 25, 2008 12:47 pm

Colorado Commuter Pass

Double miles if you are willing to spend the money up front.

Also: No booking fees, No black out dates, and transferrable!

$99 one way for a pack of 6, $89 one way for a pack of 10.

Valid for flights between COS and DEN to GJT, ASE, and DRO.

Colorado Commuter Pass

Checko

DenverBrian Mar 25, 2008 7:23 pm

Q400s, I presume?

These kinds of promos are designed to do one thing: Generate short term cash flow. Not a good sign for Frontier.

GreatChecko Mar 25, 2008 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by DenverBrian (Post 9465530)
A400s, I presume?

Q400...

Yes, I'd be more than happy to take your bet that an Airbus could successfully land in Aspen with a profitable load...

I forgot, you don't like props. ;)

Just be happy the CRJ's going in there now have the reliable engines they do. Single engine performance for any aircraft up there is a scary situation, but those CRJ's are in a league of there own...

DenverF9Flier Mar 25, 2008 9:37 pm

Doesn’t the Q400 offer better performance at ASE than the current CRJ's? I know they get a lot of delays and cancellations due to the runway and weather peculiarities up there, and I'm wondering if this "inferior" prop-plane might in fact deliver fewer delays and greater reliability?

GreatChecko Mar 25, 2008 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by DenverF9Flier (Post 9466120)
Doesn’t the Q400 offer better performance at ASE than the current CRJ's? I know they get a lot of delays and cancellations due to the runway and weather peculiarities up there, and I'm wondering if this "inferior" prop-plane might in fact deliver fewer delays and greater reliability?

The aircraft performs exceptionally well at the high altitudes and can do an engine failure at V1 (takeoff decision speed) and clear the terrain at pretty much maximum takeoff weight.

What does that mean for you?

Passengers and bags would only be bumped on only the hottest of days, and in the winter your bags and skis are almost guaranteed to make it to your ski destination with you (unless they got lost and that's not the plane's or weather's fault, its the airlines fault).

I would hope that by next winter, when the weather issues are at their best, the operational teething will be done. What it will be is comparable to the current Mesa Dash-8's occasionally flying the route right now, but a lot quieter and more comfortable for the passengers.

Whether or not the Lynx inflight service is better than Mesa's, I don't know, but I have a suspicion that it might be.

Checko

DenverBrian Mar 26, 2008 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by GreatChecko (Post 9466185)
The aircraft performs exceptionally well at the high altitudes and can do an engine failure at V1 (takeoff decision speed) and clear the terrain at pretty much maximum takeoff weight.

Isn't the highest altitude for this plane 25000 ft? If so, I'm thinking some summer thunderstorm days would be quite uncomfortable.

GreatChecko Mar 26, 2008 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by DenverBrian (Post 9469508)
Isn't the highest altitude for this plane 25000 ft? If so, I'm thinking some summer thunderstorm days would be quite uncomfortable.

I would think that flying anything over the Rockies on a thunderstorm day would be quite uncomfortable.

DenverBrian Mar 27, 2008 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by GreatChecko (Post 9471015)
I would think that flying anything over the Rockies on a thunderstorm day would be quite uncomfortable.

Over the Rockies at FL350 is probably more comfortable than over the Rockies at FL250.

Premier Al Mar 28, 2008 10:05 am

The argument of which equipment MIGHT be more comfortable on a flight thru a thunderstorm is probably lost on the vast majority of intra-state Colorado air travelers. The amount of cash that this promo raises for F9 will not be significant to the bottom line, either.

What IS important is that this promotion has been reported by the main-stream media in Denver. Consequently, many people are now aware that they have a choice in air carriers if they are traveling within the state. As many of us know, it is a welcomed choice, too.

GreatChecko Mar 29, 2008 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by DenverBrian (Post 9476424)
Over the Rockies at FL350 is probably more comfortable than over the Rockies at FL250.

DEN-ASE or DEN-DRO at FL350, is there enough time?

annerj Apr 1, 2008 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by GreatChecko (Post 9486229)
DEN-ASE or DEN-DRO at FL350, is there enough time?

I'm not sure how much time they need but the DEN-ASE is a SHORT flight.

I think drive is ~200 miles?

Not sure how good the price is. I think the RT all in is usually around 200-220.

Short flight but nothing like the COS-DEN flight.

Anybody know what altitude they get to on these short hops?

DenverF9Flier Apr 7, 2008 12:56 pm

United Responds

Got this today:

================================================== ========
United Mileage Plus(R)
================================================== ========
Double up from Denver. Earn double miles in Colorado.

Dear Mr. DenverF9Flier,

Purchase and fly qualifying travel on United, United Express
or Ted between Denver (DEN) and the following Colorado cities
and earn double miles:

-- Aspen (ASE)
-- Colorado Springs (COS)
-- Durango (DRO)
-- Grand Junction (GJT)
------------------------------------------------------------

Offer details:

-- Registration is required anytime prior to travel or
within 30 days after travel, but must be completed by June
30, 2008 in order to qualify for the promotion
-- Purchase tickets April 7, 2008 through June 30, 2008
-- Travel between April 7, 2008 and June 30, 2008
-- Bonus may be earned an unlimited number of times
-- Offer valid for recipients of this email only
-- This offer is not valid if the ticket and itinerary
includes any connecting or onward cities other than
Denver (DEN), Aspen (ASE), Colorado Springs (COS),
Durango (DRO) or Grand Junction (GJT).

United is your ticket in Colorado for double miles, convenient flights.

.....Note - "Double Miles" from Colorado Springs - isn't the minimum mileage 500 miles? In that case, does that mean that you get 1000 miles DEN-COS, or that the normal 50-or-so miles are "doubled" to 100 (in which you would still get 500)?

annerj Apr 7, 2008 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by DenverF9Flier (Post 9532793)
.....Note - "Double Miles" from Colorado Springs - isn't the minimum mileage 500 miles? In that case, does that mean that you get 1000 miles DEN-COS, or that the normal 50-or-so miles are "doubled" to 100 (in which you would still get 500)?

Should be 500x2