FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns (Pre-Alignment) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frontier-airlines-earlyreturns-pre-alignment-491/)
-   -   Is this an Oversell? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frontier-airlines-earlyreturns-pre-alignment/802488-oversell.html)

DenverF9Flier Mar 17, 2008 3:40 pm

Is this an Oversell?

I've been trying to take a trip this weekend using miles, but one of the flights was completely full. I set an alert on ExpertFlier and it just fired, and I was able to grab the ticket using 30k miles. The interesting bit is, ExpertFlier shows zero availability in any fare classes, both before and after I purchased the ticket... however I was able to get one. Is Frontier overselling this flight? Does anyone know how that shows up in the fare buckets? Do they stay at zero, but let you purchase anyway... or do they add inventory in Y/B and other high-priced fares? If it's the second option, then EF must be showing incorrectly...

On that note, being able to spend 30k miles to purchase a last-minute ticket which is going for over $950 right now at a total cost to me of $10 is an amazing benefit of EarlyReturns, and one that I very much hope they don't do away with. Right now that is a major reason that I don't switch my flying over to United, which has a better schedule on the route which I usually fly.

Premier Al Mar 18, 2008 8:21 am

I have no answers to your specific questions, but I think that F9 flights may have been and will be extremely full, both last week and this week due to Spring Break. Last Thursday, I tried to get an earlier flight from DFW to DEN, and not only were both earlier flights sold out, but also the flight for which I had a reservation. As you know, this is a bit unusual for Thursday. I usually have had no problem getting reassigned on the same day on F9.

The Gate Agent verified that Spring Break was filling planes. That may have an impact on your attempt to get a reward ticket. More than likely the flight you are ticketed for will be completely filled, too.

GreatChecko Mar 18, 2008 3:51 pm

The past week has been very busy for F9 thanks to Spring Break. Where were you trying to go?

DenverF9Flier Mar 24, 2008 11:50 am

This was a flight to LGA. To follow up post-flight, it was completely full, but they were not asking for any volunteers so it does not seem that it was oversold.

GreatChecko Mar 25, 2008 12:04 pm

Yeah, LGA is always full. But you got on, so no harm no foul!

DenverF9Flier Mar 25, 2008 1:06 pm

Yeah, sounds like they're planning on rolling out the new A320's to LGA after DC... it will be nice to have some more capacity there, and especially nice if the exit rows come back with extra legroom... All the flights to LGA are new config now, row 10 stinks (non-recline) and I've never been able to pre-reserve row 11... though I've got a new theory that 10A/F automatically turn into 11A/F, which is why you can't pre-reserve 11; can anyone confirm this?