Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns (Pre-Alignment)
Reload this Page >

Seatmap available for new Bombardier Q400 from SeatExpert.com

Seatmap available for new Bombardier Q400 from SeatExpert.com

Old Feb 7, 08, 12:58 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: SFO
Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
Posts: 1,924
Seatmap available for new Bombardier Q400 from SeatExpert.com

We have created a new seatmap for the Q400, available at:

http://www.seatexpert.com/_Frontier_Q400.html

This is our best guess as to how the seats are laid out, and would very much appreciate hearnig from you if there are errors. We show the window locations along the fuselage, and it might be helpful for you to compare our seatmap vs the actual plane the next time you fly.
Jet2K is offline  
Old Feb 9, 08, 10:09 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Downtown Denver
Programs: WN A-list/CP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plt,*wood Plt,F9 Summitt, Hyatt Diamond,
Posts: 391
Funny statement " Q400 helping Frontier Airlines serve many lower density regional markets. " I don't consider ABQ a lower density regional market, fact of matter is they pulled A318's out due to WN taking all the PAX and replaced A318's with Q400. Cheaper to fly Q400 than Airbus half full.

Now they leave the ABQ Pax without connecting service in DEN on F9, wow!
loboclone is offline  
Old Feb 14, 08, 12:20 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mountain West USA
Posts: 436
Originally Posted by loboclone View Post
Now they leave the ABQ Pax without connecting service in DEN on F9, wow!
I'm not sure what you mean by that...

All Lynx flights are similar to a codeshare and will allow seemless connections to any F9 flight.
GreatChecko is offline  
Old Feb 14, 08, 3:13 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Downtown Denver
Programs: WN A-list/CP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plt,*wood Plt,F9 Summitt, Hyatt Diamond,
Posts: 391
Originally Posted by GreatChecko View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by that...

All Lynx flights are similar to a codeshare and will allow seemless connections to any F9 flight.
Why fly a Q400 when you can fly a 737 for same price? Planes are full on WN everyday to DEN due to Q400 flights.
loboclone is offline  
Old Feb 14, 08, 10:57 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Programs: F9 Ascent, Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*
Posts: 414
Originally Posted by loboclone View Post
Why fly a Q400 when you can fly a 737 for same price? Planes are full on WN everyday to DEN due to Q400 flights.
Hmm...
1. Assigned Seating
2. Fewer infrequent travelers and screaming children (compared to WN)
3. Just as fast
4. Just as comfortable
5. Brand new planes
6. No middle seats (probably not an issue for elites/a-list, but still...)

... I would turn around and ask, why _not_ fly a Q400 instead of a 737? Bigger !== better at all times...
DenverF9Flier is offline  
Old Feb 14, 08, 12:19 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mountain West USA
Posts: 436
Originally Posted by loboclone View Post
Why fly a Q400 when you can fly a 737 for same price? Planes are full on WN everyday to DEN due to Q400 flights.
What he said... Have you flown on a Q400? It really isn't that bad of a ride, even if it is a "scary" turboprop.

By the way, with the recent announcement, it is possible you might see the ERJ's on the route a few more times a day.

Also, I still don't understand what you mean by "Now they leave the ABQ Pax without connecting service in DEN on F9, wow!"
GreatChecko is offline  
Old Feb 15, 08, 12:29 pm
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 23,998
Originally Posted by DenverF9Flier View Post
Hmm...
1. Assigned Seating
2. Fewer infrequent travelers and screaming children (compared to WN)
3. Just as fast
4. Just as comfortable
5. Brand new planes
6. No middle seats (probably not an issue for elites/a-list, but still...)

... I would turn around and ask, why _not_ fly a Q400 instead of a 737? Bigger !== better at all times...
What about carryon storage? Is underseat storage comparable?

Also, I only hear vague stuff about overhead storage like it won't fit "bigger" rollaboards? What about 20" rollaboards that go wheels-in on a 737 overhead (and wheels-in on many other mainline overheads)?
sdsearch is offline  
Old Feb 15, 08, 4:31 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mountain West USA
Posts: 436
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
What about carryon storage? Is underseat storage comparable?

Also, I only hear vague stuff about overhead storage like it won't fit "bigger" rollaboards? What about 20" rollaboards that go wheels-in on a 737 overhead (and wheels-in on many other mainline overheads)?
The overheads are on the small side. IE it probably won't fit a rollerboard of any size and are comparable to what you'd find on most regional equipment.

One of the nice things of the Lynx Q400's is that if you have something large and fragile, like a guitar, and the flight is full, there is a forward cargo bin that if you politely ask the flight attendant, she should be willing to put it up there and not in the back with the luggage.

However, in my highly unscientific measurements, I've gotten the feeling that there is slightly more room under the seats than what you would find on the F9 airbii. What this translates to is that if you have one of the slightly larger/thicker briefcases that you would normally put in the overhead, it might be worth seeing if it fits under the seat before planeside checking.
GreatChecko is offline  
Old Feb 16, 08, 11:02 pm
  #9  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Denver, CO, USA
Programs: Proud Charter Member of the OUM
Posts: 20,914
Looking at the SeatExpert map...is it true that there is only one forward lav on the whole plane for 74 seats?
DenverBrian is offline  
Old Feb 17, 08, 10:28 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mountain West USA
Posts: 436
Originally Posted by DenverBrian View Post
Looking at the SeatExpert map...is it true that there is only one forward lav on the whole plane for 74 seats?
Yes, but for the stage lengths, its rarely an issue.

Also, on the Lynx planes, its rows 11 and 13 with the slightly shifted windows. There is a bulkhead that runs through those rows and the windows are there, but is a bit forward of normal in row 11 and slightly rear of normal in row 13.

Also, 18 and 19 AC have a bit of additional legroom and it is in the quietest part of the plane. I don't carry a tape measure with me, so I don't know exactly how much more, but the FA's say its some of the best on the plane.

Checko

Last edited by GreatChecko; Feb 17, 08 at 10:37 am
GreatChecko is offline  
Old Feb 19, 08, 7:53 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Downtown Denver
Programs: WN A-list/CP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plt,*wood Plt,F9 Summitt, Hyatt Diamond,
Posts: 391
Originally Posted by GreatChecko View Post
What he said... Have you flown on a Q400? It really isn't that bad of a ride, even if it is a "scary" turboprop.

By the way, with the recent announcement, it is possible you might see the ERJ's on the route a few more times a day.

Also, I still don't understand what you mean by "Now they leave the ABQ Pax without connecting service in DEN on F9, wow!"
Yes, Horizion and recently F9 to SUX............choices folks, there are choices! At 57 and a lifelong road warrior why fly turbo's when a jet will do. Price and a choice.......................as for ABQ PaX's comment, I am riding WN's ABQ-DEN-ABQ flights and they are packed. In visiting with PAX they are folks that like me have flown F9 Airbus service in the past. It's just choice! I do understand what F9 is doing, it makes sense from a profit perspective. The pressure to make money is more now than at anytime in this industry. With WN bringing more capacity to DEN the pressure must be immense.

As a side note I am on F9 to ATL next week, I got lucky and found one of the last Republic jet flights to DEN-ABQ for connection to ATL. Choices!

Last edited by loboclone; Feb 19, 08 at 9:35 am
loboclone is offline  
Old Feb 20, 08, 6:11 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mountain West USA
Posts: 436
Originally Posted by loboclone View Post
As a side note I am on F9 to ATL next week, I got lucky and found one of the last Republic jet flights to DEN-ABQ for connection to ATL. Choices!
There is still one Republic Jet flying the route, in the morning it continues southbound to Mexico and returns in the evening.

Good news, with the recent new cities, you might see your Republic Jets back on the route full time, to free the Q's for the mountain cities.

Checko
GreatChecko is offline  
Old Feb 20, 08, 7:04 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Downtown Denver
Programs: WN A-list/CP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plt,*wood Plt,F9 Summitt, Hyatt Diamond,
Posts: 391
Originally Posted by GreatChecko View Post
There is still one Republic Jet flying the route, in the morning it continues southbound to Mexico and returns in the evening.

Good news, with the recent new cities, you might see your Republic Jets back on the route full time, to free the Q's for the mountain cities.

Checko
Good point, let's hope so. I was at a eatery last week in DEN near DIA. A mechanic for the Q400 was next to me @ bar, he was from WV and manufactuer. Working with F9 training folks, said F9 has already placed order for 10 more Q400's with option on 10 more.
Seems the Q400 is going to be a F9 staple, much like horizion air.
loboclone is offline  
Old Feb 20, 08, 12:23 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mountain West USA
Posts: 436
Originally Posted by loboclone View Post
Good point, let's hope so. I was at a eatery last week in DEN near DIA. A mechanic for the Q400 was next to me @ bar, he was from WV and manufactuer. Working with F9 training folks, said F9 has already placed order for 10 more Q400's with option on 10 more.
Seems the Q400 is going to be a F9 staple, much like horizion air.
Its an option for 10 more, Lynx already has the first 10 they ordered. They wouldn't start arriving until March 09 at the earliest if the options are exercised.

With oil as expensive as it is right now, they will become a staple at many airlines in the US as they already have in Europe.
GreatChecko is offline  
Old Feb 27, 08, 8:51 am
  #15  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: SFO
Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
Posts: 1,924
A big thank you to GreatChecko for helping us edit some mistakes on the SeatExpert.com seatmap for the F9 Q400.

The revised seatmap and edited dynamic comments have just been deployed on our site. It is contributions such as these by GreatChecko that allows us to provide the most accurate information to our user community.
Jet2K is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread