FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns (Pre-Alignment) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frontier-airlines-earlyreturns-pre-alignment-491/)
-   -   Changing name on ticket (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frontier-airlines-earlyreturns-pre-alignment/783748-changing-name-ticket.html)

wildwings Jan 26, 2008 11:44 pm

Changing name on ticket

I'm in sort of a sticky situation... I searched the frontier forum for this problem but couldn't seem to find any info..

So anyway, here's the story: My girlfriend and I were planning on going to Cabo this June with my family. Everything was going well between us when we were making the plans, flight reservations, etc. but it has since gone to crap. We are no longer a couple anymore, and I am almost positive we won't be getting back together, at least not by June. So here's the issue, I purchased her a ticket with the intent of getting paid back by her by June. I haven't received any money, so technically I own the ticket....but her name will be on it.

Is there any way that I can change the name on the ticket by calling Frontier? I assume there will be a fee involved, but hopefully not a big one? I just wanted to check here before calling..hopefully someone can give me some input!

Thanks!
Jason

sparky81 Jan 27, 2008 2:24 pm

It took a little white to find on Frontier's web site, (apparently typing in "name change" in their search box won't find this information) but here's their policy on name changes:

Can I change the name on my ticket?
To protect you, all our tickets are non-transferable. In other words, they're only valid for the name specified on the ticket.
Oddly enough, you can for $35 change names on award tickets, just not on regular revenue tickets.

You can find the information here: http://www.frontierairlines.com/fron...ations-faqs.do

soitgoes Jan 27, 2008 2:29 pm

Unfortunately, no.

http://www.frontierairlines.com/frontier/faqs.do

Can I change the name on my ticket?
To protect you, all our tickets are non-transferable. In other words, they're only valid for the name specified on the ticket

What's your policy on refunds and exchanges?

When you initially purchase a ticket, we'll sell you the lowest restricted fare, unless you specifically ask your travel agent or our Reservations agent for a fully unrestricted fare (which is refundable and changeable without a change fee).

Restricted fares are valid for one year from the date of issue and are nonrefundable and nontransferable. If you need to rebook, you're welcome to do so for any future flights to any of the cities we serve, for a $100 change fee plus any applicable fare difference. The change fee and fare difference will be paid when you make your changes. All refund requests are subject to audit by our Refund Department.

If your ticket was purchased through a travel agency and was issued as a paper ticket, you'll need the paper ticket in hand when exchanging for a new one. Your original booking agent or any of the folks at our ticket counters will be able to reissue the ticket for you.

If you want to change the form of payment you used for your ticket, our Refund Services Department is happy to do that, but we do charge a processing fee.

Changes to electronic tickets can be made with your travel agent or by contacting our Reservations folks at 800-4321-FLY (800-432-1359). Our agents will assist you with your changes and verify all billing information.

soitgoes Jan 27, 2008 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by sparky81 (Post 9144294)
Oddly enough, you can for $35 change names on award tickets, just not on regular revenue tickets.

Yeah...that's why I was thinking maybe the OP was in luck.

JaggedMind Jan 27, 2008 2:49 pm

I was going to mention that the name on the ticket doesn't really matter, but then I re-read and saw it was for Cabo. You are stuck on international tickets due to the passport check, but if it was domestic there are ways around the name on the ticket which has been mentioned many times on FT.

Looks like you are going to out $100+. :(

DenverF9Flier Jan 27, 2008 3:07 pm

Frontier changed the name on a revenue ticket for me when I changed plans and wanted to fly my girlfriend out to see me one weekend rather than going back to Colorado. It was originally in my name, and I had it changed to hers. The telephone agent acted like it was a huge deal to do this, and told me that she would have to transfer it to a manager for special approval. The manager came on the line and said "no problem, I don't know why the other agent gave you hassles", and changed it quickly for me.

This reinforced for me the generally fantastic way that Frontier treats its elite-status pax, which is a very smart decision on their part, as we business travelers are who will keep their planes full if Southwest decides to get serious about competing... sorry WN but I'm not paying for my tickets anyway, so cheap fares do nothing to entice me to give up DirectTV, priority security, first-on-the-plane boarding, and miles that don't expire after 24 months.

Sorry for the rambling, but to bring this back on topic... It doesn't sound like the OP has status, but I post this to let him know that it _is_ possible, but it obviously requires the approval of a higher-up. Call them up, tell them your story, and see what happens... the worst they can say is "no".

wildwings Jan 27, 2008 9:40 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone, hopefully I can convince someone to change it for me with the aid of my story, I'll call like ten times and hopefully one person will be nice.. :rolleyes:

Thanks again,
Jason