Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Presidents Club in Denver Closing Hint Hint Frontier

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2010, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by RSVP
The Best Care Club at MKE is remaining. Why not open a club at DEN? Stay tuned, we may get surprised at next weeks announcement.
We were surprised by the announcement.
Old May 4, 2010, 8:25 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by MikeFromMKE
From the announcement it sounds like Frontier willl be opening a Best Care Club at Denver!
I see its on today's Midwest email - I wonder how it will go down. Rumor was that AA was taking the slice CO just left from the old PC.

Either way - congrats to the Denver flyers. You're getting one of the best clubs out there!
Old May 4, 2010, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by pmaddock
I see its on today's Midwest email - I wonder how it will go down. Rumor was that AA was taking the slice CO just left from the old PC.

Either way - congrats to the Denver flyers. You're getting one of the best clubs out there!
I believe Frontier will be using the former British Airways Terrace space for the Best Care Club.
Old May 4, 2010, 11:49 am

Wherever it goes, everyone wins.

In the past people complained about paying the annual fee with access to only one club. Now, there will be a second. Stay tuned and see what the new partner agreement brings.
Old May 4, 2010, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
For us Denver flyers, this would be great news and I hope it's true.
Old May 4, 2010, 2:35 pm

Programs: DEN: WN or UA, AA LT Gold, VIA Preference Preferred
Originally Posted by RSVP
Wherever it goes, everyone wins.

In the past people complained about paying the annual fee with access to only one club. Now, there will be a second. Stay tuned and see what the new partner agreement brings.
As we look at the new options for a club on Concourse A at DEN, unless one spent a lot of time at or connecting at MKE, what would be the incentive for a frequent flyer to get a BCC membership with one other location versus an Admirals Club membership with 40 other locations?

Irregular ops help on Frontier would be about it. BCC might cost less.
Old May 5, 2010, 9:28 am

The Best Care Club fees are notably less expensive than the big airlines with many more locations

BCC
$250 annual single / $400 annual with spouse
$600 three-year single / $900 three-year with spouse

I checked out AA and DL and both are pretty similar. This is AA
$450 annual single / $775 annual with spouse

I don't see a three-year option on AA, but here's DL
$1215 three-year single / $1815 three-year with spouse

Obviously the bigger programs should cost more because the opportunity to use the club is more plentiful. But on the other hand, a club is only useful if:

--The member is actually flying, and
--The member is departing or connecting in an airport with a club, and
--The amount of time spent at the departing or connecting airport is sufficient to visit the club

If I don’t fly much to Austin or Dulles or Toronto, it doesn’t help me that there are AA clubs there. By only having clubs in MKE and DEN, clearly the BCC program is of no real use for people who rarely are in MKE or DEN. But for people who are, the value of the membership could be significant.

Club membership is really most useful when there is a club in your departing airport. If you finish business early and arrive at the airport with time to kill, or security was 5 minutes instead of 55 minutes, that’s a great opportunity to use the club.

It can sometimes be useful at the connecting hub, but not necessarily as often as one might think. Connections for airlines which bank their hubs are often too short to get any reasonable value out of seeking out and trekking to a club. And in the case of delays caused by mechanical, weather or ATC reasons, it’s often dangerous to venture too far away from the gate. That’s especially at a connecting hub where there are more resources, and delays are often more unpredictable in duration.

So having a BCC is probably most useful for travelers based in DEN and MKE. Having it in the “other” main hub is somewhat helpful because DEN based F9 people are probably seeing more of Milwaukee now, and vice versa for MKE based people. I doubt there’s all that much value for the average person based in Phoenix or Philadelphia or Dallas unless they do a lot of travel to and through DEN and or MKE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.