Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns (Pre-Alignment)
Reload this Page >

Heads up: Check your seat assignments if you are Ascent/Summit!

Old Dec 6, 09, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Frontier Ascent

A warning to fellow Ascent and Summit members: go and check your seat assignments!

We had a rude awakening on a recent FLL-DEN---our nice premium seats (4ABCD) were re-assigned to the exit row. Why? Frontier is now selling the first four rows for their Stretch program.

That's nice---but it means that if you booked a flight before Stretch and reserved any row in the first 4, you now will find your seats gone.

And while some might find the exit row ok, we were traveling with a child. That's right---Frontier assigned my child (we have to declare this in the rez) to the exit row so it could sell our previous seat.

We noticed 2 future reservations with these involuntary seat re-assigns.

Memo to Frontier: why treat your elites like this? So what if we booked a Stretch seat 3 months ago? Throw us a bone and grandfather us in the seats!
Old Dec 7, 09, 2:25 pm

Summit members are entitled to Stretch seating at the time of booking. Ascent members are upgraded at the gate, if seats are available. If you are a Summit, and seated in rows 1-4, seats should not be reassigned. I think their systems are messed up due to all the recent changes.
Old Dec 7, 09, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Frontier Ascent
I'm just an Ascent. (Was Summit year before).

I'm fine with Frontier selling these seats as upgrades. But why punt out the Ascents who already made reservations? At the time, Stretch didn't exist.

When we contacted reservations about this (and to get the seats re-assigned out of the exit row), we were met with a meek apology and no real explanation.
Old Dec 7, 09, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by frozenfire View Post
When we contacted reservations about this (and to get the seats re-assigned out of the exit row), we were met with a meek apology and no real explanation.
The story with STRETCH seating is that the roll out was done too early. When they figured out the obvious problems if a plane swap were to occur, they decided to not offer the seats until the entire fleet was retrofitted. That is why one cannot book STRETCH seats if you were to make a reservation today, for example.

My thought is that instead of just leaving you in your assigned seats and the inevitable disappointment, you were placed in the exit row, because those have a touch more legroom and would be more along the lines of what you would have gotten.

Of course, it could have been communicated better and I would suggest sending an email to the early returns people in that effect. You'll probably get the official story.

EDIT:

Some great contacts on this page, (that secondary CS contact is a really good one actually). Just write something a few notches below what you posted and you'll probably hear something.

http://www.elliott.org/help/frontier-airlines/

Checko

Last edited by GreatChecko; Dec 7, 09 at 8:54 pm
Old Dec 8, 09, 10:01 am

Programs: United Premier Executive ; Frontier Summit
Booted Too

Like you, My wife and I were booted from 4BC on a FLL flight in March. Both were award tickets, Mine Summit, hers not. They actualy left her in 4B as it is not a "Stretch Seat" and bumped me back. I contacted CS and they couldn't put me back. I emailed the VP of Customer Service ( after hours) and he responsed within a half hour. He had no clue that this was going on. He fixed it by moving my wife back to exit row even though she wasn't Summit and on different PNR ( probably would have rather had 4BC, but no guarantee that 4C would'nt be sold in the mean time leaving my wife and I apart.

Search this Thread