F9 adds more new routes DEN-MSY/SDF & OKC-TPA/MCO

Old Oct 21, 09, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines AAdvantage, Rapids Reward
F9 adds more new routes DEN-MSY/SDF & OKC-TPA/MCO

http://frontierair.tekgroupweb.com/a...rticle_id=5166

F9 will adds more new routes from DEN-MSY/SDF & OKC-TPA/MCO. This is reinstates for DEN-MSY during pre-Katrina. It is nice to see DEN-MSY is back again. So another routes for OKC-MCO is only 4x weekly frequencies and OKC-TPA only for twice weekly service. Thanks all.

Regards
Old Oct 21, 09, 2:36 pm

Increases the likelihood that sister-airline Midwest might restore MCI-MSY service...or maybe even add MKE-MSY.
Old Oct 21, 09, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm still hoping (probably in vain) for DEN-RDU
Old Oct 21, 09, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
Agree with you this.
Old Oct 21, 09, 7:23 pm

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr
Good to see F9 slowly creeping eastward.
Old Oct 21, 09, 8:58 pm

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Does it count if it's a Midwest codeshare? Was pricing FLL-MKE (or was it PBI? MIA? Can't remember exactly) and saw Frontier A319 operating on the route.
Old Oct 21, 09, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MKE-MR View Post
Does it count if it's a Midwest codeshare? Was pricing FLL-MKE (or was it PBI? MIA? Can't remember exactly) and saw Frontier A319 operating on the route.
No, I believe YX is flies out of MKE-FLL on operating A319 aircraft.
Old Oct 22, 09, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by MKE-MR View Post
You are correct. 5 Frontier A319's are going to be operating out of MKE and 5 Midwest painted Republic 190's are coming down to DEN at the end of the month. They will be operated by the respective airline crews, F9 and Republic

Yes, it's going to be confusing.

It's going to be interesting to see how they paint the 190's coming from US though, I could see some of those ending up in the F9 colors.
Old Oct 22, 09, 4:06 am

I would prefer to see increased frequency in all the F9 markets that only have 1 or 2 daily flights.
Old Oct 22, 09, 1:23 pm

Programs: no elite status, but i get around
F9 tried a similar operation with MEM and failed. On the surface, OKC seems a much better choice. Odd choice, but good luck.
Old Oct 23, 09, 1:51 am

This Oklahoma-Florida service intrigues me and I'm almost wondering if F9 has another surprise in store for us.

The press release notes that the service will be with an E190. Since the only other destination served from OKC is DEN (which uses the Q-400) these E190's are completely "disconnected" from DEN.

Here's the flight times:

Orlando-Oklahoma City

Flight
Number
Departs Arrives Frequency
1611 12:20 p.m. 2:15 p.m. Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat

(35-minute turn)

Oklahoma City-Orlando

Flight
Number
1610 2:50 p.m. 6:30 p.m. Mon/Tue/Wed/Fri/Sat

(Ferry flight MCO-TPA and Wed nite and Sat nite?)

Tampa-Oklahoma City

Flight
Number
1617 12:05 p.m. 1:50 p.m. Thu/Sunday

(35-minute turn)

Oklahoma City-Tampa

Flight
Number
1616 2:25 p.m. 5:55 p.m. Thu/Sunday

(Ferry flight TPA-MCO Fri nite & Mon nite?)

The first thing I noticed is that the aircraft appears to only fly 2 segments per day. Mon/Tue/Wed/Fri/Sat it flies MCO-OKC-MCO, starting its day in MCO at 12:20 p.m. and ending its day day at MCO at 6:30 p.m. The aircraft is only in service for 6 hours 10 minutes (including the 35-minute turn in OKC) but the other 17 hours and 50 minutes, it appears that it just sits at MCO (or is ferried to TPA and sits there).

On Thu/Sun, it flies TPA-OKC-TPA, starting it's day in TPA at 12:05 p.m. and ending it's day in TPA at 5:55 p.m. The aircraft is only in service for 5 hours 50 minutes and the other 18 hours 10 minutes it sits at TPA (or is ferried back to MCO and sits there.)

Surely this plane is going to do something else during the other part of the day.

So here's what I'm wondering. If the OKC-Florida does well for F9, I wonder if they might add another city. Depending on the other city, they could still do this with same aircraft they are already using for the OKC-Florida service.

For the sake of argument, let's suppose F9 decided they wanted to add TUL-Florida service. Here's what the possible schedule could look like. (I used the same block times for TUL-Florida as are showing for OKC-Florida.) The hypothetical TUL service is in bold italics

Tulsa-Orlando

8:05 a.m. 11:45 a.m.Mon/Tue/Wed/Fri/Sat

(35 minute turn)

Orlando-Oklahoma City

12:20 p.m. 2:15 p.m. Mon/Tue/Wed/Fri/Sat

(35-minute turn]

Oklahoma City-Orlando

2:50 p.m. 6:30 p.m. Mon/Tue/Wed/Fri/Sat

(35-minute turn)

Orlando-Tulsa

7:05 p.m. 9:00 p.m. Mon/Tue/Wed/Fri/Sat

RON at Tulsa

Tulsa-Tampa

8:00 a.m. 11:30 a.m. Thu/Sunday

(35-minute turn)

Tampa-Oklahoma City

12:05 p.m. 1:50 p.m. Thu/Sunday

(35-minute turn)

Oklahoma City-Tampa

2:25 p.m. 5:55 p.m. Thu/Sunday

(35-minute turn)

Tampa-Tulsa
6:30 p.m. 8:25 p.m. Thu/Sun

RON at TUL

F9 would be better able to utilize that one aircraft (If TUL could support the service.)

Plus the plane would end up every night in TUL and there would be no ferry flights between TPA & MCO as it appears there will be with this new announced schedule.

Or am I missing something here?

Last edited by LoneStarMike; Oct 23, 09 at 1:56 am Reason: spelling
Old Oct 30, 09, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Plat, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat Prem
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
There's a rumor on airliners.net that Frontier may announce DEN-GSO soon...does anyone know anything? I know rumors are just that, but it would be nice to have that flight at GSO.
Old Oct 30, 09, 8:49 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 View Post
There's a rumor on airliners.net that Frontier may announce DEN-GSO soon...does anyone know anything? I know rumors are just that, but it would be nice to have that flight at GSO.
It is a rumor through the Republic system too. As it stands now we will only have DEN and MKE operating F9. From what we gather from our rumor mill is that it will be 3 times a day and will be an E190. We are opening a crew base there in the coming months.
Old Oct 31, 09, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by airplanegeek View Post
F9 tried a similar operation with MEM and failed. On the surface, OKC seems a much better choice. Odd choice, but good luck.
Yes unfortunately, they didn't workout very well due to direct competitive against NW or FL. That's why it is no longer to be existed service for FLL/MCO-MEM. Lets wait to see how it going for OKC-TPA/MCO. If they will be done extremely performance very well. F9 will have to bring increase the frequency for OKC-MCO/TPA.
Old Nov 1, 09, 8:15 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Plat, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat Prem
Originally Posted by cwe84 View Post
It is a rumor through the Republic system too. As it stands now we will only have DEN and MKE operating F9. From what we gather from our rumor mill is that it will be 3 times a day and will be an E190. We are opening a crew base there in the coming months.
Wow! Are you saying GSO-DEN will be 3x!! That seems like a bit of overkill on such a new route, but it would be great for westward connections. With Midwest "onboard", can people earn miles on programs other than Frontier's?

Will GSO see MKE service too?

Search this Thread