Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Free Travel Contests and Sweepstakes
Reload this Page >

Automate internet forms using macros

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2009, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, PC Plat, Hilton Gold

I was recently looking at this software called "imacros" which will record each step you take to fill out a webform and then you can replay it later.

I was thinking that this would be a good tool to automate travel contest entries, especially the daily ones, so long as they don't have the verification type box.

The idea being that you could record the macro once and then everyday you would just have to rerun the macro instead of doing all of the typing work.

Does anyone use any of these systems? The imacros cost around $50.

Also, I have been playing around with using macros in excel to fill out webforms as well. I was successful in completing a macro in excel that opened internet explorer, browsed to a specific web page, and then entered information (including thousands of coupon codes in sequential order). Atleast this was free (except my time).

Anyway, just a thought.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 10:52 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I personally use RoboForm and have for years.... I am able to enter my personal data with a few mouse clicks. In addition, if I have to enter unique info on a form, I can then save the form/website page.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 4:45 pm

I would recommend reading the stickys at the top of this thread.

Form fillers - and when they might work against you - are discussed in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/free-...rohibited.html

Like Wharvey, I also use roboform, which is a pretty good little program. However, it cannot be used on flash forms, and a number of sweepstakes sponsors are beginning to switch over to flash.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 11:43 am

Programs: Skymiles, Mileage Plus, Priorty Club, Hilton HHonors
I too use Roboform for my daily forms. For flash contests that I will be entering daily I use a program called Texter. It is not easy to use but works nice after you learn it.

Twobyte
Old Aug 21, 2009, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
I use RoboForm Portable off a USB drive. Great for filling out forms and remembers all my passwords and user id's. Plus it defeats keystroke loggers on hotel computers as the passwords are not typed in by way of the keyboard.

Best $40 I ever spent on software. I couldn't live without it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.