Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Free Travel Contests and Sweepstakes
Reload this Page >

6 day Trip for 2 to Tuscany, 1x dl 4/15

Old Jan 16, 09, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

This one is a little bizarre since it involves qualifying to enter by testing Clinique skin products, so it is probably geared more toward females.

First you go to http://www.condenet.com/promo/cliniq...tuscany/entry/ and fill out the survey that determines if you have the right skin type. (I didn't. Apparently oily skin doesn't qualify, so bear that in mind when filling out the survey.)

Among those with skin types that do qualify, 35 people a week will be chosen to receive samples to test for 7 days, then go to www.cliniquecomfortoncall.com/login to fill out the actual entry form. If you qualify, but don't want to test the products, you can instead mail a 3 1/2" x 5" to 4 1/4 " x 6" postcard with name, address, and daytime phone number to: Clinique Trip to Tuscany Sweepstakes, CondeNet, 1166 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036, attn: Emily Helming.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that people like me who don't have the right skin type to qualify can enter.

But for those who do, the prize is:two coach airfare tickets to Tuscany, Italy, one standard hotel room for six (6) nights at a hotel selected by Sponsor and one 5-day guided walking tour for winner and guest by Butterfield and Robinson. The tour includes breakfast for all five days, four lunches, four dinners (including wine), support van during tours, the use of two lightweight, telescoping walking sticks, detailed maps and route suggestions, waist pack and water holder, all baggage transportation, all transportation from rendezvous to drop-off, all gratuities for baggage, porters and hotel service. The approximate retail value of the prize is $12,000, depending on exact itinerary. Trip must be booked by August 9th, 2009 and completed by December 30th, 2009.

Rules at http://www.condenet.com/promo/cliniq...y/entry/rules/
Old Jan 17, 09, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT/1.9MM
It's illegal to exclude a person from a drawing based on their skin.
Old Jan 19, 09, 11:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Jumpcut View Post
It's illegal to exclude a person from a drawing based on their skin.

Not sure that's true actually. A # of sweeps have restrictions (ie, smokers only, limited regions, etc). What is illegal is requiring a purchase, which this sweeps doesn't do. It provides free samples and provides an alternate method of entry if one doesn't want to do the test.

Cheers.
Old Jan 19, 09, 11:45 am

Programs: Marriott plat, DeltaMM
Don't pick "dry" either - I didn't qualify with that one.
Old Jan 19, 09, 2:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Hmm, I tried to 'game' it a bit since there were 3 criteria - # of breakouts, skintype, and & redness. Any of those could be the 'knock-out'. Anyway, even though technically it wasn't true, I went w/ occasionally, oily in areas, and persistent redness. Got the didn't qualify either, based on those responses.

Cheers.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: