Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Free Travel Contests and Sweepstakes
Reload this Page >

Who has won anything from FT contests? A show of hands please.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who has won anything from FT contests? A show of hands please.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2006, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by mlshanks
Well, I entered the "Ultimate Family Reunion Sweepstakes" posted some time ago...

...And golly gee, I won. Not the cool grand prize of $$$ and travel vouchers to put together a family reunion...

...nope, I won the second prize: one Hickory Farms summer sausage.

Not even a good salami.

Sigh.

Yeah - but most of us didn't win even that much! Congratulations anyway.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 8:21 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by mlshanks
Well, I entered the "Ultimate Family Reunion Sweepstakes" posted some time ago...

...And golly gee, I won. Not the cool grand prize of $$$ and travel vouchers to put together a family reunion...

...nope, I won the second prize: one Hickory Farms summer sausage.

Not even a good salami.

Sigh.

I was a first place winner. It just showed up yesterday. It was a gift box of goodies packed in a VERY cool insulated bag. The accompanying letter said the gift box had a value of $125 and I believe it. There were dozens of sausages, cheeses, etc. included.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 11:48 am

Yay, Nice going......Good for you......
Here's to a new year with lots of winnings......=)
Old Jan 5, 2006, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA Premier Executive, Hilton Gold
Thumbs up I won!

I won one of two Grand Prizes in the Gerber Getway contest!

Closed on November 14, 2005

Prizes and Approximate Retail Values: Grand Prize (2): A 4-day/3-night trip for four (4) to the SeaWorld®, Busch Gardens® or Sesame Place® park of winner's choice. SeaWorld® Adventure Parks are located in Orlando, FL; San Antonio, TX and San Diego, CA; Busch Gardens® parks are located in Tampa Bay, FL and Williamsburg, VA and Sesame Place® is located in Langhorne, PA. Trip includes round-trip coach class air transportation for four (4) from the major airport nearest winner's residence to the major airport closest to the park of winner's choice; four (4) days rental car (qualified drivers only); standard hotel accommodations for four (4) (one room, quad occupancy), and 3-day park admission for four (4) people. The approximate retail value of each Grand Prize is $3,200.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 2:01 pm

What a great win, hernande! ^ Congratulations and keep up the good karma. BTW - which trip are you taking?
Old Jan 5, 2006, 2:02 pm

Programs: Ozark - Tin; Eastern - Lead; Local Hoosegow - Copper;
Talking BAH, now you've done it!

Originally Posted by hernande
I won one of two Grand Prizes in the Gerber Getway contest!
I almost had myself convinced that this was a hopeless cause. And you go and win something!

harumph... well, good for you...I guess... don't be posting any trip reports!

Old Jan 6, 2006, 6:41 am

How many times did you enter?
And COngratulations!
Old Jan 6, 2006, 10:11 am

Seeing that it was a Gerber contest, I wondered if it had any age restriction/limitation. Doing a FT search, I came up with the following:

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...ghlight=Gerber

One of the requirements was that: “This one won't let me enter without being pregnant or having a new baby. ("Enter date of birth of...").”

So this is the type of contest that you want to enter, where this is some sort of limitation to the total number of entries.

Congratulations on your win.
Old Jun 10, 2006, 6:12 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold, HH Silver
Eurostar/Euroquest

I wasn't good enough to travel to Paris to compete for the grand prize, but I won one of the third cryptoquiz thing-ies. A Sony PS2 and a game. Thanks to whoever posted the game originally!!

(this is a repost from another flag, but someone asked me to update this thread, so I am).
Old Jun 10, 2006, 10:03 pm

Lightning struck twice..so far

I won 100k UAL miles through a Marriott sweeps from this site in 2004. Also, just won 25k miles on AA last month - May 2005. I use to the 100k for two 1st class tix from DFW to SEA to get engaged.

I entered both of these via snail mail after reading the rules that allowed mail-in entries hoping for better odds since there were many prizes offered. Sometimes they award some of the prizes by type of entry received.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by williamtwo
I won 100k UAL miles through a Marriott sweeps from this site in 2004. Also, just won 25k miles on AA last month - May 2005. I use to the 100k for two 1st class tix from DFW to SEA to get engaged.

I entered both of these via snail mail after reading the rules that allowed mail-in entries hoping for better odds since there were many prizes offered. Sometimes they award some of the prizes by type of entry received.
What a great first post! Welcome to FlyerTalk, WilliamTwo.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I won $2000 in travel from student universe! Never would find any of these contests on my own, but I make a point to sit down every few days and enter anything that looks interesting to me. Thank you SkiAdCock!
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
You're Welcome!! Congrats! Cheers.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 7:19 am

Sharon, could you wave your magic wand with the moderators and have them make this a sticky? Then perhaps we could avoid the periodic question "has anyone ever won from one of these?
Old Mar 27, 2007, 9:41 am

I one a few thousand AA miles via snail-mail entries to the Cinemark contest last year. A lot of good stamps sacrificed themselves for this one...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.