Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Free Travel Contests and Sweepstakes
Reload this Page >

RANDOM HOUSE: Trip to Vegas; 7/16dl; 1x; 18+; Void PR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2015, 3:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

RANDOM HOUSE - STEEL AWAY TO WYNN

* 3-day trip for 2 to Las Vegas, NV, incl coach airfare on American Airlines, hotel (Wynn Las Vegas), airport transfers, two breakfasts, one dinner, tickets to the Showtoppers, $500 towards the Wynn Esplandes, and two signed copies of COUNTRY by Danielle Steel. Value $3,300

http://www.randomhousebooks.com/wynn
Old Jul 3, 2015, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat (former 1K)

If you're going to post X prize draws at once, please put them in one post instead of X spammy posts.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 7:58 am

Disagree. I'm fairly choosy about what I enter (e.g. I only want family trips, so I mostly skip sweeps where the prize is a trip for 2), and I'd much rather look at the thread titles, and mouse over them for details, than have to wade through one long post. It also keeps things separated, in case there's further discussion about a particular sweeps.

And not to be all "We've always done it this way," but we've always done it this way. Also, look at SkiAdcock's post count, and the lack of other people posting sweeps threads. I'm not about to tell her how to do things.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by poverty.jet.set
If you're going to post X prize draws at once, please put them in one post instead of X spammy posts.
No. Primarily for the reason that dior29 posts below. A mega-thread of different sweeps is harder to follow than individual threads re: particular sweeps, and having separate threads makes it easy for FTers to skim through to determine which one(s) they want to enter.

Since this forum is specifically for contest sweeps, I'm a bit perplexed why having individual threads is considered spammy.

Originally Posted by dior29
Disagree. I'm fairly choosy about what I enter (e.g. I only want family trips, so I mostly skip sweeps where the prize is a trip for 2), and I'd much rather look at the thread titles, and mouse over them for details, than have to wade through one long post. It also keeps things separated, in case there's further discussion about a particular sweeps.

And not to be all "We've always done it this way," but we've always done it this way.
What dior29 said, except I'm the opposite. Since I'm single I don't enter the sweeps that are for family/4 people.

Generic comments:

I don't post sweeps in the forum as frequently as I used to in the past, but I do post a lot of them when I post - anywhere from 50 to 150 sweeps.

I still have more to post & will get to it yet this weekend. What some don't realize is that it takes a few hours of my time to post them all when I post sweeps - anywhere from 2 to 4 hours. That's time I've giving up to give back to my fellow FTers.

The method we've used for the last 10 years re: individual sweeps threads is the one we'll (or at least I) will stick with when posting sweeps in the future.

Cheers.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: A3 Gold
I agree with SkiAdcock and dior29. It's very helpful having separate posts for contests. It allows quick perusal of the titles to exclude ones that you're not interested in, to find ones with imminent deadlines, and to separate dailies from single entries. I also keep a spreadsheet of the contests I enter (to help differentiate real winnings announcements from scams) and keep an entry for the referrer URL. That's especially useful when the contest sponsor takes down the site and rules, but I can still find some of that information here on FT.

And I personally love the monthly barrage of posts from Sharon. It gives me a flurry of activity that keeps me busy for days. :-) I try to do my part posting contests here, but once you've done it a few times, you realize it's time consuming and so I really appreciate the people that do so much to keep the forum active.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Wow - you're more organized than me 're spreadsheet! I still have a lot of sweeps to post that will keep you busy, but I decided to enjoy the holiday weekend. I'll try to post a few each day this week to catch up but then it may be a while again. Will be moving etc, which will tie up free time.

Cheers
Old Jul 5, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: A3 Gold
The spreadsheet was a necessity after I realized I needed to keep track of the dailies and the singles that disqualify you if you enter more than once. I've been sweeping for exactly 2 years now, having stumbled upon this forum in July 2013 and have almost 3200 entries in my spreadsheet now, and that's including two 4-month-long breaks when I was simply too busy to sweep. So basically 200 sweepstakes per month that I've been active!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.