Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Free Travel Contests and Sweepstakes
Reload this Page >

Expedia Game: Win 1 million or 100K pts, US, d/l 9/25/13

Old Jul 8, 13, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP

https://aroundtheworld.expedia.com/
Must be an Expedia Rewards member.

Each week, Sponsor will select five (5) winners in a random drawing of all current players to receive 100,000 Expedia Rewards Points.
Read the rules about how to compete for the one million pts...5 prizes.

lets you send an avatar on a virtual journey around the globe that earns you real Expedia® Rewards Points. The more you interact with the Game site and complete tasks, the farther your avatar will go and the more Expedia Rewards Points you can earn.
Ways to earn points include:
answer the quiz questions (correct gets more pts, incorrect still get some points)
Book travel on Expedia...different bookings earn different amounts
Just going through the complete registration gets 2,000 pts or tokens.
Refer a friend
Download an app

I got 3,000 pts for doing the initial things to register.

Last edited by Frenchie Flyer; Jul 8, 13 at 6:49 pm
Old Jul 8, 13, 9:01 pm

I am ranked at number 16 ... Can use a million Expedia points .
Old Aug 15, 13, 4:32 am

Programs: AA, DL, UA, TG, US, Priority Club, HHonors, Club Carlson, etc.
Expedia tweaking the rules ...

People who take advantage of loopholes beware!

Expedia did a massive sweep on "eligible bookings" ... I was ranked as high as 6th with over 70,000 tokens. The number 1 rank had as high as 129,000 tokens. However, after the first "sweep", my token balance dropped to 35,000 then climbed back up to 43,000. Then the most recent sweep dropped my balance down to 28,000.

My guess: the first sweep seemed to eliminate multiple hotel bookings on the same date. The second sweep seemed to eliminate hotel bookings that you paid for but didn't spend the night.

I'm just curious if there is any recourse for people that had paid for the bookings under the presumption they would earn reward points but had their tokens taken away.
Old Aug 29, 13, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA (1MM)
After re-reading the T&C's today, it dawned on me that I would not be able to reach the next level that would earn me another 14,000 Expedia Rewards points just by answering questions.

The discussion of completing more than one destination per week in the last few weeks of the promotion gave me some false hope.
Old Aug 30, 13, 1:31 pm

Programs: A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle View Post
After re-reading the T&C's today, it dawned on me that I would not be able to reach the next level that would earn me another 14,000 Expedia Rewards points just by answering questions.

The discussion of completing more than one destination per week in the last few weeks of the promotion gave me some false hope.
Same here. I'll be one token short. Of course, they made the price for those final tokens jump quite a bit to make it harder to reach the 14,000 points reward without any actual purchase. I would have practically had to start on the first day of the contest and get each question right.