Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Win a trip to Estonia

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2012, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Win a trip to Estonia

Estonian Air return flights to Tallinn for up to four adults from any direct flight destination of Estonian Air in Europe. And a holiday of your choice.

http://estonian-air.ee/visitestonia/?lang=eng
Old Mar 23, 2012, 7:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
•One winner will be drawn for every package holiday presented in the Estonian Air and Estonian Tourist Board e-draw (Hotel Go Spa, Vihula Manor, sea kayaking and bog-shoeing adventure and smoke sauna in Haanjamaa).
•Every winner will receive a tourist-class return ticket to Tallinn on a direct Estonian Air flight of their choice (numbers depend on the specific lottery prize package – the quantity of return tickets may vary from 1-4).
•Reservations for flights should be made at least two (2) weeks prior to the travel date and are subject availability.
•The draw for the winners will be held on 5 April 2012. The winners will be contacted by e-mail during the following week.
•All prizes must be redeemed by 30 December 2012.

BTW - my guess, since the rules don't indicate otherwise, is that this is open to people outside the U.S. as well.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:56 am

Programs: Costco Club
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
•One winner will be drawn for every package holiday presented in the Estonian Air and Estonian Tourist Board e-draw (Hotel Go Spa, Vihula Manor, sea kayaking and bog-shoeing adventure and smoke sauna in Haanjamaa).
•Every winner will receive a tourist-class return ticket to Tallinn on a direct Estonian Air flight of their choice (numbers depend on the specific lottery prize package – the quantity of return tickets may vary from 1-4).
•Reservations for flights should be made at least two (2) weeks prior to the travel date and are subject availability.
•The draw for the winners will be held on 5 April 2012. The winners will be contacted by e-mail during the following week.
•All prizes must be redeemed by 30 December 2012.

BTW - my guess, since the rules don't indicate otherwise, is that this is open to people outside the U.S. as well.
Unless I'm missing something, it appears as though it's NOT open to people in the U.S., when you go to enter the contest, it says "select the starting point of your trip" but there aren't any US cities on the list.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
Unless I'm missing something, it appears as though it's NOT open to people in the U.S., when you go to enter the contest, it says "select the starting point of your trip" but there aren't any US cities on the list.
I agree. Everything I've googled indicates Estonian Airlines is a regional airline, not a transatlantic one. Good for FTers living in Europe, not so good for FTers using the US and Canada as starting points!
Old Mar 24, 2012, 1:15 am

Programs: Costco Club
Originally Posted by Flyingmama
I agree. Everything I've googled indicates Estonian Airlines is a regional airline, not a transatlantic one. Good for FTers living in Europe, not so good for FTers using the US and Canada as starting points!
So apparently you CAN be a U.S. or Australia resident, after the question of whether an Australian can enter the contest was asked on their facebook, here was the answer:

"But in case your friend should be one of the lucky winners then he/she should consider that the starting point of the trip has to be one of Estonian Air destinations"
Old Mar 24, 2012, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
So apparently you CAN be a U.S. or Australia resident, after the question of whether an Australian can enter the contest was asked on their facebook, here was the answer:

"But in case your friend should be one of the lucky winners then he/she should consider that the starting point of the trip has to be one of Estonian Air destinations"
I don't believe the issue was ever one of nationality, but rather one of flight origination. Estonian Air does not have flights to the US or Canada, so an American or Canadian would have to get themselves to one of the European cities where Estonia Air does have flights in order to use the prize.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 10:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
According to Wikipedia:

Estonian Air offers direct flights from the Estonian capital, Tallinn to throughout Europe: Amsterdam, Barcelona (summer only), Brussels, Copenhagen, Hannover (from 02.04.12), Helsinki (from 24.03.12), Jyväskylä (from 25.04.12), Kiev, Kuressaare, London, Milan (summer only), Moscow, Nice (summer only), Oslo, Paris, Riga (from 24.03.12), St Petersburg, Stockholm, Trondheim, Vilnius, Vienna (from 25.03.12) and Tartu.

So if someone either resides in Europe or is planning a trip to Europe to one of those cities, they could probably enter.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.