Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Free Travel Contests and Sweepstakes
Reload this Page >

FT Original! Win free 25K flight! 850 entry slots. High odds! Ends Aug 15.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FT Original! Win free 25K flight! 850 entry slots. High odds! Ends Aug 15.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2011, 3:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
8 minutes to go!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 4:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Well done ending with 603500 points. One team ahead at 751100, but thats before lots of point deductions.

This smells victory!

Our contest will have a winner announced shortly. We just have to gather the lottery tickets.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExP
Mods, please don't lock this thread as we will announce winners, etc.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 6:15 pm

Am I too late?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by chibiutena
Am I too late?
'fraid so. Contest closed.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 4:50 am
Suspended

Thanks for PMs pointing out all cheating by the jury and DT film crew.

Originally Posted by Robbiedeluxe
Good luck!

—Rob (member of the jury).
Robbiedeluxe aka Roberto in the jury has helped DT cheat by giving them more points than he was allowed to.

http://sasrisingstars.flysas.net/tea...ew/c6MWxTSvGac

This video has been given the max points from a jury member 10000, 2 times by Roberto. Second jury member Kajsa has also done the same.

I dont understand how they thought they would get away with such obvious cheating.

Roberto is this whole thing a set up? Was DT meant to win from the start? Is it fair to all the other entrants, that you have awarded far more points to DT than all the others together?
Old Aug 16, 2011, 6:57 am

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by travelkid

Robbiedeluxe aka Roberto in the jury has helped DT cheat by giving them more points than he was allowed to. [snip]

Roberto is this whole thing a set up? Was DT meant to win from the start? Is it fair to all the other entrants, that you have awarded far more points to DT than all the others together?
I thought it was rather odd that some videos would receive such high marks by the 'judges' while others received little to no award points. I also agree that one award per entry (or even group), per judge should be the limit. I thought the facebookrs team produced some excellent videos.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by miffSC
I thought it was rather odd that some videos would receive such high marks by the 'judges' while others received little to no award points. I also agree that one award per entry (or even group), per judge should be the limit. I thought the facebookrs team produced some excellent videos.
T&C point 9.
"Each member of the jury can only reward points to a video once, all three members of the jury can reward the same video if wanted."

Anyone seeing room for interpretation?
Old Aug 16, 2011, 10:52 am

Programs: DL GM
This seems to have been a very poorly designed contest, as the quantity of videos uploaded by a team was more important than the quality of any given video.

With respect the T&C and the jury votes, I noticed messages from jury members on various video pages indicating that a system error had recorded multiple point awards. It thus strikes me as unlikely that the multiple awards were the result of "obvious cheating." That said, the T&C seem clear in that they do not permit a jury member to make multiple point awards.

The proper remedy would seem to be to remove the erroneous awards (while keeping the proper awards). But, given the large final point differential between the first and second place teams (~150,000 points), I'm not sure that it would impact the final standings.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 2:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by longtimelurker
This seems to have been a very poorly designed contest, as the quantity of videos uploaded by a team was more important than the quality of any given video.
One can easily agree with that, however they deliberately chose to do so, maybe as a social media experiment?

With respect the T&C and the jury votes, I noticed messages from jury members on various video pages indicating that a system error had recorded multiple point awards. It thus strikes me as unlikely that the multiple awards were the result of "obvious cheating." That said, the T&C seem clear in that they do not permit a jury member to make multiple point awards.
I havent seen an error stated that way, but one jury member stated that he had awarded a too low award in error, and awarded a new and higher vote asking admin to correct.

However on the 2 incidents where 2 judges have awarded 2x 10k, they have added a comment on the votes which clearly implies its not an error.

The proper remedy would seem to be to remove the erroneous awards (while keeping the proper awards). But, given the large final point differential between the first and second place teams (~150,000 points), I'm not sure that it would impact the final standings.
There are more issues. Despite rules stating videos are open for voting after approved (processed) by SAS, there was an IT glitch allowing people to vote as soon as the team had uploaded the video. This was abused by the winner giving them closer to 100k in votes on a pure link without content. Screenshots saved.

Also more than 10 videos from DT film crew contains copyrighted music, everything from Bob Marley to Scorpion and Boney M etc. In violation of t&c.

Lot of stink here, and theres more.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by travelkid
There are more issues. Despite rules stating videos are open for voting after approved (processed) by SAS, there was an IT glitch allowing people to vote as soon as the team had uploaded the video. This was abused by the winner giving them closer to 100k in votes on a pure link without content. Screenshots saved.

Also more than 10 videos from DT film crew contains copyrighted music, everything from Bob Marley to Scorpion and Boney M etc. In violation of t&c.

Lot of stink here, and theres more.
Keep us updated. Very curious to see how this turns out.

Agree. Found that odd as well.

Although all of the videos from the facebookers2 team had elements of fun to them, if I had not been encouraged to vote for them all, I would likely have only voted for about six or seven of them--as I wanted to promote them to the top as the actual best video in the contest. It seems like an oddly-run contest.

Hey, though, it got the SAS brand in front of me, so if that was their end goal, it worked...
Old Aug 17, 2011, 11:55 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by jackal
Keep us updated. Very curious to see how this turns out.
The contest website has been updated (1) to indicate that DT Film Crew won the competition, but also (2) to state that "[b]ecause we at SAS believe that everbody flying with us is a winner, we have decided to give awards to all teams!"

Hopefully we will hear more from travelkid, as I would be interested to learn why SAS "decided to give awards to all teams."
Old Aug 17, 2011, 12:12 pm
Suspended

The contest website has been updated (1) to indicate that DT Film Crew won the competition, but also (2) to state that "[b]ecause we at SAS believe that everbody flying with us is a winner, we have decided to give awards to all teams!"

Hopefully we will hear more from travelkid, as I would be interested to learn why SAS "decided to give awards to all teams."
Relaying from facebookers2; they were informed they became number 2, but all teams would get points.

However a number of issues has led to points deductions, quite significant it seems. Will update figures.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 12:13 pm
Suspended

Winner of the free flight to be announced. Stay tuned.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 3:09 am

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by miffSC
I thought the facebookrs team produced some excellent videos.
You're kidding me???
Most of the videos were easy 1-2-3 made, some are even complete reproductions of other YouTube videos! I mean, come on!
I do agree that they deserve points and fame and all that, and they did have a fair go- but comparing them to DT there's no doubt that there was a lot more effort and quality involved in their videos than the facebookers team.
As for the double voting of judges - if the IT systems allowed it, the site must have been very badly designed. I mean, look at it - one can't really blame the jury for voting twice without realizing.
Hopefully everyone'll be happy when everything's done. It seems this could all have been a bit more thought through before the go ahead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.