Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

www.parisrentaparts.com give it a miss...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2008, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: ROP G, QR G

Hi

As we moved recently from paris to the Far East but still have to come back often to Paris, I did check new alternatives for accomodation there.

Checked this website ( www.parisrentaparts.com ).. and selected an apartment from the pics published... than paid via an italian bank 275 euros commission.

Showed up at the place near Madeleine with a bunch of luggage while Madam and the baby were due to arrive later that day... the building was under very heavy renovations on most floors including the entrance, which was filled with cement bags and construction material , and workers carrying loads of this material were walking up and down the narrow stairs. No way we could walk up there with baby and stroller. It appeared the work had been going on for ages and other customers already moved out.

Nice place for a week holidays The agent on the phone feigned surprise and said no problem anyway he could refund the 275euros commission, or help me check another apartment. I did waste another hour waiting for the keys to the new apartment but again the place was far from what he had anounced me and we agreed on a refund.

By next day it appeared I wouldn't see any refund and the agent started to change his discourse greatly and put the responsability in to an unreachable manager in italy.

More than a bit dodgy and definetely not all legal as after one pays the agent fee with CC, one has to may the rental in cash. Agent also fed me a lot of lies and wouldn't pick up the phone anymore.

Basically, an experience I could have done without... hence a warbning against this site and a question for you fellow travellers, are you staisfied with a particular short term rental agency in Paris ,

Cheers
Luis
Old Dec 3, 2008, 9:42 am
iff

Sorry to hear about your experience.

I've only rented twice through agencies (New York Habitat and Paris Sweet Home). Both times were uneventful, but those agencies basically act as reservation agencies and then you have to complete the transaction with the owner.

I've heard nothing but wonderful reports about Paris Perfect. According to their site, they either own or exclusively manage their apartments, all of which are located on the Left Bank (mostly in the 7th arrondissement).

I've always gotten a little nervous when renting an apartment, but it's reassuring to me when an agency has a local presence.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 7:21 am

We just returned last week from Paris where we rented a very nice apartment from parisperfect.com. It was a 2 bedroom with a magnificent view of the Eiffel Tower -- on a great street with nice shops and good restaurants. It was the "Sancerre" apartment in the 7th. It was really clean (important because we have rented from another agency and the apt. was very dusty) and the kitchen had great appliances and everything we needed.

Hope this helps!

Veronica
Old Dec 5, 2008, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your input. Duly noted for incoming visits.

Cheers
Luis
Old Dec 6, 2008, 7:47 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT., Marriott LT GLD
Now I feel bad about giving them a positive rating in another post on this fourm. While I had a good experience with them last April, and there was no cash component required, I will not use them again based on the treatment the OP received.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 7:32 am

This discussion questioning the professionalism of ParisRentAparts was recently come to our attention. We are thoroughly sorry for not having reacted earlier, causing thus prejudice to our company for almost three months.

We know the rules of the FlyerTalk forum about self promotion, so we have strictly limited our message to the defense of our company.

Concerning “Luisparis”, the tenant was informed well before his arrival that some renovation work was being carried out in the building to install a lift .
It’s worth pointing out that the apartment was rented before and after “Luisparis” supposed stay, under the same circumstances and by no means the other renters felt any discomfort.

However, because “Luisparis” was unhappy, we offered to provide him with another comparable flat by the Louvre (one metro station away,) but he declined.

The satisfaction of our clients is our primary mission, and to that end we sent an email to “Luisparis” on 01/12/08 offering the following: we would not apply article 5.3 of our contract. Instead we would charge him ONLY the booking cancellation fees , though we would have been within our rights to charge him the entire rental fee. “Luisparis” didn’t react to our offer and our e-mail was left unanswered.

Instead “Luisparis” has chosen to start a hostile online campaign against us under various pseudonyms such as “kojis” on ‘tripadvisor forum’... He has even attempted to make people remove their favorable posts on forums talking about our company.

In conclusion, we would like to thank “planecrashlaw” for the trust he placed in our company and thereby recommending us. We can assure him that the services we are proud to offer haven’t changed and we will be pleased to welcome him again in Paris.

Best Regards,
ParisRentAparts
Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

I missed that reply from Parisrentaparts, it seems they are still the same (dis)honest bunch... it's funny to read them claim the tenant had been informed of major construction work in the building long in advance when the reservation had been made on sunday for a rental starting on the next day...

The alternative was smaller than what was requested and had me waste another 2 hours, great.

I'm glad the following tenants were happy with staying in a boarded up building, it sure adds an exotic touch to one's vacation in one of Paris poshest districts. Yet the person who showed me the way was quite adamant there had been repeat complains from the former tenants there, and it still didn't stop Mr Rossi to rent the place to new customers.

I've also apreciated very much how the money was to be refunded as soon as Mr Rossi reached a computer but than once he reached it... He happened to remember the structure of his own company and that he wasn't entitled anymore to do that refund. Nice and professionnal.

No refund whatsoever yet.

Thanks.
Luis

Last edited by luisparis; Apr 5, 2009 at 9:31 pm
Old Apr 5, 2009, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
I also started a thread about this company earlier this year.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/franc...parts-com.html
In all fairness, even though the elevator was broken for 1/2 the time including the day I left with 2 large suitcases, I am not sure if they have any control over that.
My deposit return was late but Mr. Rossi apologized via e-mail and promised to provide better service.
I am going again to Paris in September and will rent again from them. I believe people change and deserve another chance. The apartment was very nice and the location was unbeatable.

Last edited by keisari; Apr 19, 2009 at 11:22 am
Old Apr 5, 2009, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

"I believe people change and deserve another chance"

Do they ever change ? In my case reading gross lies on the internet ( "tenant informed well in advance " funny one...) following those on the phone from Mr Rossi hardly shows any good sign from this company. I would stay well clear from them, especially when other agencies with better track record rent apartments in similar top location in Paris ...

Last edited by luisparis; Apr 5, 2009 at 9:33 pm
Old Apr 15, 2009, 1:25 am

apartment rental experience

I have used one of these apartment rental agencies in the past. New York Habitat was recommended by a friend of mine who had rented an apartment with them in Paris and in New York, and I must say everything went smoothly. I selected a few apartments that I liked on www.nyhabitat.com and then I was assigned an agent who suggested another apartment that I had not spotted on my own and from then on it was all easy and stressless. The apartment was in a great area, everything was clean, it was well equipped and the owner was really nice, even recommended nearby places to go for shopping and all.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Such a nice people, they'd rather come up with more and more lies than apologize and refund... Some construction work, right... As of last week, the building is still under renovations, the facade and the hall still kooks like a construction site. It s been over a year now and I suspect the lady who brought the key was right when she said it had been going on for already over a year.

I also walked by in June and it was the same. I have pictures of this beautiful building taken last week on my i phone, if one is interested , from there you will be able to guess how good the place looked 1 year ago. The apartment has been taken out of their selection as well so I doubt so many customers were subsequently satisified with this place as parisrentaparts claims.

I still haven't received any refund from Mr Rossi and his so called employer, rather they came up with blatant lies on here and trip advisors. Paris is not lacking or rental companies, perhaps it's a good idea to let this one rot in oblivion.

Last edited by luisparis; Nov 15, 2009 at 3:58 am
Old Nov 15, 2009, 11:34 am

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
I have rented from this company again and the process has been great.
Friendly and responding to my e-mails quickly.
It is definitely a changed company.
Would recommend giving it a second chance.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Are they a changed company ? It's mostly when you go through some problems that you will notice how good their customer service is. When it happened to you you had to send them, what , 7 or 8 mails to get your promised refund ? And now that they know you are writing about your experience with them you have all chances to get treated properly.

Unlike you I gave up before sending them 8 emails and rather wrote the initial reports about them. Wrote about how they rented my family an apartement in a disastrous building , about how they lied about offering us a similar new place, than lied about a refund - which was to come right after M Rossi would sit in front of his computer, before he remembered - he wasn't the one authorised to do it. Nice and honest man this Mr Rossi...

In a reaction quite typical of their style so far, they chose to come and lie some more on this website about the extent of the renovations in the building ( which caused complains from several former guests as I was told by the lady who brought us the keys, and 1 year later, the building is still under serious construction work) and the fact I was forewarned well in advance - when I had booked only 1 day before... I mean there are cheaters and there are cheaters with nerve... parisrentaparts.com have nerve.

well, even if they are a reborn company, which I strongly doubt, there are enough companies in Paris with a good track record to bother cautionning the more suspicious ones.

Last edited by luisparis; Nov 15, 2009 at 12:11 pm
Old Nov 21, 2009, 5:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Wait, I'm confused... you stated "the reservation had been made on sunday for a rental starting on the next day..."

Do you seriously expect to get the best apartment when you book for the next day? The company offered an alternative, although it did not meet your needs. I think that you are mostly upset about the lack of refund. Did you even try to work with them?

Normally I'm empathetic to customer service challenges, but it seems that the expectations here were out of character with the market. People have good and bad experiences when it comes to real estate rentals, that is part of the business.

As to the company, just pay him the 275 euros. Its not like the apartment had been reserved for him (he got it the day before) and its not worth the bother for all the stink he is making about it.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 5:22 am
Original Poster

"Do you seriously expect to get the best apartment when you book for the next day?"

Indeed you are confused, I definetely don't expect to end up in the middle of a construction site - which was the first issue there. And reading Parisrentaparts comments on the place they rented me, it clearly appears that they found its condition acceptable, disregarding the state of it. Actually they even claim on this website I was advised long in advance of the "minor "work... hence they promote the fact they would rent this place anyway to people booking long in advance. Nice from them, and discrediting slightly your objection .

BTW the building is still in a mess and for some reason parisrentaparts removed this apartment from their online listing. Hopefully it's not because it brought them repeatedly too much -undeserved - trouble... despite them boasting about how later customers were delighted with this particular apartment.

Besides the replacement was a smaller place, which i didn't need as I had a similar apartment available for free downtown Paris- to which we moved with wife and daughter. If my interlocutor with the rental company hadn't come up with exagerated expectations about the new place, we would have saved two hours... Than he lied abt the refund , and than he BSd some more abt the facts on internet. I'm definetely irritated with the repeated lies from parisrataparts.

I totally agree with you though, the fuss for them is not worth the 275Euros, it's even less than that as they offered e a partial refund if I stopped complaining about them , offer i'm glad I didn't take because they went an extra mile in poor customer service and misinformation.

Last edited by luisparis; Nov 23, 2009 at 7:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.