Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Recently bought a ticket to Nice; Should I reschedule my flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recently bought a ticket to Nice; Should I reschedule my flight?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2016, 7:43 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by aristotled
Cancel, everything has changed, if you go there, then you take your chances. France and Europe is compromised and not worth it. The US is safe and there is nothing outside the US that is worth your life, you can arm yourself in the US and be safe. If you travel to Europe, then you are unarmed and hence vulnerable to whatever the animals want to do to you.
Trust you are just joking . (Reading that you state "the US is safe" I trust you are.)
Old Jul 19, 2016, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Either joking or deranged.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by TObject
Just saw on TV, that nobody is swimming in the sea even though the water is gorgeous. Obviously, festivities are subdued; but maybe by August the mourning will be over.
You shouldn't trust TV at all. Always biaised.
Life is back to normal, hopefully.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 12:07 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by chris19992
Personally I wouldn't worry about it, probably still less dangerous than going to/living in the U.S.
And it appears that the people would be much more pleasant than in Scotland.

Originally Posted by alanR
You are more likely to die at home by tripping over a rug than being killed by terrorism. If you are coming from the USA then by going to Nice you are reducing your chances of being murdered substantially
Or wherever this joker lives.

Go to Nice and the surrounding country and have a great time.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by aristotled
Cancel, everything has changed, if you go there, then you take your chances. France and Europe is compromised and not worth it. The US is safe and there is nothing outside the US that is worth your life...
You're over-generalizing I believe. Outside of the security zones and the popular public venues, France is still safe and worth visiting, especially the smaller cities and lovely countryside. US cities are indeed safer from barbaric Islamists, but that's no reason to play that poison when travelers have genuine concerns.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.