Reload this Page >

good quality bistros/restaurants paris

good quality bistros/restaurants paris

Old May 23, 2016, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Is Brasserie Lipp past its time or is it still a viable option?
It is a timeless place.

Back to the Eiffel Tower. An alternative to Jules Verne is the restaurant 58 which is also on the tower, 58 meters up. It is a level lower than Jules Verne in gastronomy, and price, but still pretty good and the same views. And if you are bringing children, they are much more accepted at 58 than Jules Verne which does not have a kids menu, nor high chairs. My last time there was December 30th and despite the November attacks, the whole tower area was packed with restaurants reserved long in advance.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
It is a timeless place.

Back to the Eiffel Tower. An alternative to Jules Verne is the restaurant 58 which is also on the tower, 58 meters up. It is a level lower than Jules Verne in gastronomy, and price, but still pretty good and the same views. And if you are bringing children, they are much more accepted at 58 than Jules Verne which does not have a kids menu, nor high chairs. My last time there was December 30th and despite the November attacks, the whole tower area was packed with restaurants reserved long in advance.
Personally stumpy, am not a fan of either resto... I have stopped accepting invitations there. At Jules I have noticed a method that they employ and it bugs me. There are hundreds of better restaurants around. In fact I can think of 4 around the area that I would rather eat at than Jules.
Old May 24, 2016, 6:54 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Thanks all for the info on Pascade & Jules Verne (the photo TWA884 should make finding the correct pillar easy).

We are being treated to these restaurants, so I'm unable to switch venues but then again I'm not footing the bill.
Old May 24, 2016, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Personally stumpy, am not a fan of either resto... I have stopped accepting invitations there. At Jules I have noticed a method that they employ and it bugs me. There are hundreds of better restaurants around. In fact I can think of 4 around the area that I would rather eat at than Jules.
Oh there are many, many better restaurants. But they aren't up on the Eiffel Tower. It's a tourist thing.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 4:01 am

Question

Any recommendation for good pan-seared foie gras?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by stimpy
Great suggestion! In July we enjoyed 58 with our children and found the price to be quite reasonable particularly as it included elevator tickets. This is also a nice fallback option if you fail to secure advance tix for Eiffel tower (as we did) because the restaurant does not book up as quickly. We happily skipped past the long queues.

Also recommend Chez Fernand @ 9 Rue Christine (on the left bank). The sea bass and soufflés are to die for. Open Sunday eve which is also a plus.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:37 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Any good places to eat around Opéra?
Old Dec 19, 2016, 8:54 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Santa Carne serves great steak

Chez Janou came by high praise but I found it mediocre. Packed to the gills with locals though, and it's well written about online, so it must not be without merit.

wanted to try Robert Et Louise but didnt have the chance.

to add to this thread, on the other side of the seine, next to pantheon, Ciasa Mia knocked my socks off. possibly my favorite dinner of the year
Old Dec 19, 2016, 10:36 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Two new places for me on my last visit to Paris.

Pottoka, where the food is influenced by the southwest of France and the Basque region, and which is just outstanding, and L'Affriolé, which is quite good and serves contemporary interpretations of classic French cuisine.

Both are in the 7th Arr.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 3:23 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by deniah
Santa Carne serves great steak

Chez Janou came by high praise but I found it mediocre. Packed to the gills with locals though, and it's well written about online, so it must not be without merit.

wanted to try Robert Et Louise but didnt have the chance.

to add to this thread, on the other side of the seine, next to pantheon, Ciasa Mia knocked my socks off. possibly my favorite dinner of the year
I can recommend Robert et Louise, great steak.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
A restaurant opened up inside the Opera, I haven't been yet. Just being there sounds wonderful to me.

If you are there during the day, Gallerie Lafayette's food halls has lots of places to eat.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TWA884
Two new places for me on my last visit to Paris.

Pottoka, where the food is influenced by the southwest of France and the Basque region, and which is just outstanding, and L'Affriolé, which is quite good and serves contemporary interpretations of classic French cuisine.

Both are in the 7th Arr.
Both are very good. Pottoka recently opened, around 2 years ago.

L'Affriole is an institution.

Both places require reservations.... and you'll know why when you go there.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 7:29 am

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
It seems that the first time I went to Pottoka was about 3 years ago and it had been open for a while even then. Has Pottoka really only been open for 2 years?

Robert et Louise is OK for steaks. I think that there might be better places, I should suggest:

Au Boeuf Couronné
le Severo
Le Louchebem
Bistro Paul Bert
la Cordonnerie

I have had a number of outstanding steaks at restaurants that were not specifically noted as beef restaurants, such as at Bistro Paul Bert. Most of the locations I mention will require reservations well in advance.

Last edited by Tamino; Dec 21, 2016 at 7:37 am
Old Dec 22, 2016, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tamino
It seems that the first time I went to Pottoka was about 3 years ago and it had been open for a while even then. Has Pottoka really only been open for 2 years?

Robert et Louise is OK for steaks. I think that there might be better places, I should suggest:

Au Boeuf Couronné
le Severo
Le Louchebem
Bistro Paul Bert
la Cordonnerie

I have had a number of outstanding steaks at restaurants that were not specifically noted as beef restaurants, such as at Bistro Paul Bert. Most of the locations I mention will require reservations well in advance.
I can pass by and ask them, they are on my way to my boulangerie.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 1:30 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
I can pass by and ask them, they are on my way to my boulangerie.
Which boulangerie? I kept looking for the flaky croissants with a slightly chewy center which I remember from the seventies and eighties that were impossible to eat without leaving crumbs all over. I tried at least a half dozen "artisan" boulangeries all over Paris, none lived up to my memories.

Last edited by TWA884; Jan 17, 2017 at 3:02 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.