Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Roland Garros 2013 - Help me with tickets

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Roland Garros 2013 - Help me with tickets

I will be in Paris during Roland Garros 2013 and need some help with the ticket buying. Following is the link to the ticket price and schedule:

http://rolandgarros.fft-tickets.com/...2013-GP-UK.pdf

Questions:
-- I was planning to watch match on 06/05 or 06/06 and it seems that the prices are 55E for category 3. Is that correct? I dont want to the tickets for outer courts, I actually want to watch the match.
-- What is the cancellation policy, can i cancel for full refund if i am not able to go to the matches for whatever reason
-- Can I buy tickets from US?
-- General public ticketing opens on Feb 13th, does it sell out immediately?

any experience or feedback will be highly appreciated..
Old Jan 11, 2013, 1:42 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Question transferred from MilesBuzz! to France forum because there is no Miles or Points aspect.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

I would really appreciate if someone can provide any feedback on this question.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I don't think you want to buy tickets in the U.S. Ticket brokers will rip you off big time. That's what we did the first time we went. The second time we bought them off the website (from the U.S., if that's what you're asking). I don't recall if they're refundable - my guess would be no. Are tickets for any sporting event refundable? You could probably put them on Stub Hub if you couldn't go.

IIRC, the tickets for the two main courts gives you access to the outside courts - sometimes the matches you're interested in end early and you can watch some tennis great playing mixed doubles (or something like that) on an outside court.

Another option is to buy tickets on the street outside Roland Garros. Then you wouldn't have to worry about buying in advance and not being able to go. I'm not sure how safe this is, but the next time I go, I would do it - especially if I was in Paris and decided to go on the spur of the moment.

I don't know how quickly tickets sell out - I'm guessing the finals and semis sell out pretty quickly, however.

I hope you're able to go. It's a great experience. One of the most fun sports related things I've ever done.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the points. I am going to buy online from the official site and not through brokers.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by troyhouse
Thanks for the points. I am going to buy online from the official site and not through brokers.
Have fun! I hope you have good weather - it was rainy last year. Report back here afterwards how you enjoyed it! Or, the ongoing tennis thread in OMNI.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
I was there for the early rounds. Bought tickets right outside of the metro station, Porte d'Auteuil (??). Paid the guy almost without any premium as it was threatened to rain. It did rain but dried out quickly (seemed to be the case every year). Saw plenty of tennis moving from court to court.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 9:09 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Flying Blue
Have you checked with your hotel? They or their concierge may be able to secure good tix for you, better than online.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:48 am
Original Poster

so this is my plan, let me know if it works.

i need 5 tickets, you can only buy 4 for quarterfinals. i am going to place 2 orders from 2 computers and get 8 tickets. you can get the tickets and then add the names of attendees after you get the tickets sometime in april.

i will sell the 3 tickets on ebay and then add the name of the buyers and send the tickets. if i dont sell it on ebay on markup then can always sell it at price on viagogo.

what do you guys think of this?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:43 am
Original Poster

logged on to the site on time, and I was the very first ones to get the tickets to phillipe chartier court for semifinals, with no wait, got 5 tickets for me, and 2 to sell

very excited, it will be an exciting experience for sure.

^
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by troyhouse
logged on to the site on time, and I was the very first ones to get the tickets to phillipe chartier court for semifinals, with no wait, got 5 tickets for me, and 2 to sell

very excited, it will be an exciting experience for sure.

^
You're going to have a great time! It's a very genteel experience. "Let's watch a little tennis and then have lunch on the terrace!"
Old Feb 20, 2013, 1:03 am

Just wonder if there are any particular hotels experts would recommend when going to RG, budget <£100 per night. Never been to Paris so we might do some sightseeing too.

Thanks
Old Feb 20, 2013, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Polomarc
Just wonder if there are any particular hotels experts would recommend when going to RG, budget <£100 per night. Never been to Paris so we might do some sightseeing too.

Thanks
If you're familiar with Priceline, that's what I'd do. You can bid 4* and end up in a better hotel.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 11:32 am

hello everyone, i've never been to the roland garros before, but this year Im planing to go. I dont have tickets yet, but Im working on that. I just have a few questions, i hope someone could give me some useful info.
1. What are exactly the outside courts? What happens there ?
2. If i have tickets for RG - 1/4 Finals Singles - 1/2 Final Doubles W, does it mean I will be able to watch two games ?HOw about if I have tickets for the 3rd or 4th round singles, how many games will I see then ? Are the tickets valid for a specific day or for a specific game?

Thanks everyone!
Old Apr 2, 2013, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by daydreamerdora
hello everyone, i've never been to the roland garros before, but this year Im planing to go. I dont have tickets yet, but Im working on that. I just have a few questions, i hope someone could give me some useful info.
1. What are exactly the outside courts? What happens there ?
2. If i have tickets for RG - 1/4 Finals Singles - 1/2 Final Doubles W, does it mean I will be able to watch two games ?HOw about if I have tickets for the 3rd or 4th round singles, how many games will I see then ? Are the tickets valid for a specific day or for a specific game?

Thanks everyone!
There are two main courts, Phillippe Chartrier, Suzanne Lengen. Everything else is an outer court. If you buy tickets to either of the main courts, you will have access to anything going on on the outer courts, in addition to the main court you have purchased all day long for that date. The outer courts are usually used for early rounds with lesser known players, older players and less desirable matches, exhibitions, etc. The further the tournament advances, the less those courts are used.

If you have tickets to quarter finals and semi-finals, you will be able to see all matches that are occurring that day on that court (again, plus anything going on at an outer court). So, if you have tickets to the semi-finals, you'll see both matches that day, plus any doubles they may schedule on that court. You'll be able to come and go as you please, watch some tennis, have lunch on the terrace, wander around, go back to the main court. It's a wonderful genteel experience. You'll have a great time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.