Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Paris hotels with decent fitness center?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2009, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA Gold, DL FO, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold

Looking for somewhere in town with a halfway decent fitness center (e.g., good treadmill, some weights, etc..). Would even like somewhere with access to a healthclub at a reasonable cost

Most of the places I've been have either nothing for equipment from the Jack LaLanne era (bicycles with flywheels and the like)

I realize I could solve this by booking an outrageous 4 or 5 star property - this simply isn't an option. Probably anything up to 200-225 Euro per night would be reasonable

Any suggestions?
Old Aug 24, 2009, 2:00 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Some years ago, I stayed at a Left Bank hotel (I think it was probably the Madison or the Bel Ami) that gave me a pass to one of the Parisian fitness center chains. (There may have been a fee attached, but I don't think it was very high.) I do recall the gym being quite a walk from the hotel, however. My subsequent stays in Paris have been at the kind of hotels rejected in your post (though NOT generally at outrageous prices, BTW, as my personal stays have been either on FFN's, points or BOGO's.) If there's a hotel you're interested in, why don't you email them and ask what arrangements, if any, they make for guests? But do by all means be sure to check on the actual distance.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA-exp, 4MM, MR-plat, Hertz-PC, WN-CP
The Paris Marriott Rive Gauche has a very nice fitness center. It is available 24/7. Well equipped. It may operate as a club for the area also, but never appeared very crowded. I never actually used it but my older teenager did. Better than most I've seen in any major city in Europe. You might see if the web-site has photos. Close Metro station to boot.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 8:15 am
In memoriam

When I lived in Paris I found that the public swimming pools run by the City were excellent. And not too expensive.
For starters see http://www.paris.fr/portail/Sport/Po...ut?page_id=152
Old Aug 30, 2009, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Pullman Paris Rive Gauche (former Sofitel Porte de Versailles) may have one of the best hotel fitness centres in Paris (actually, it is a Club Med Gym, which is free for Pullman's guests).

You can see the equipment by clicking this link (in French only), then click on the image ("Visite virtuelle du site . Cliquez sur l'image")

French rugby team stayed at this hotel during the Rugby world cup in Paris.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.