Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Paris August parking still free?

Old Jul 22, 09, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond

Is parking still free in Paris the whole August and on Saturday&Sunday, as I can remember it was a year or two ago?

I'll be arriving on car on Friday 7/31 and leaving Sunday 8/2 staying at SPG's Prince de Galles (Av. George 5/Champs d'Elysses). Will it be possible to find a downtown [free] parking place during that time, or would it be better to park outside Paris and take the RER/Métro into the city? I'm coming in from East on A4.
Old Jul 22, 09, 11:24 pm
iff

According to the Mairie de Paris, almost 90% of paid parking places will be free in August.

Which ones? Look at the horodateur (the small kiosk where normally you would pay for your ticket), and it should specifically mention "Gratuit les samedis, dimanches, jours fériés et mois d'août" (free Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, and the month of August). If in doubt, press the yellow button and the machine should display "stationnement gratuit".

Spaces which remain paid are those rotating and visitor spaces where the horodateur says "Gratuit les dimanches et jours fériés" (free on Sundays and holidays).
Old Jul 23, 09, 7:06 am

Programs: AF/KLM LTP| Emirates Gold |InterContinental Spire RA |A Club Gold |AMEX Plat| Visa Plat |Hertz P
List of streets where parking is not free in August

- PAYANT: all the parking places in the street are NOT free
- PAYANT / GRATUIT: some parking places in the street are NOT free

Last edited by chrissxb; Jul 23, 09 at 3:39 pm Reason: broken link
Old Jul 23, 09, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Great information. Thanks very much!
Old Jul 25, 09, 4:39 am

Programs: Many
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; fr-fr) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

If there is a yellow dot on the paying machine, then it is free in August. If there is no dot, you should pay from Monday to Saturday included, even in August.
Old Jul 25, 09, 4:44 am

Programs: Many
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; fr-fr) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

By dot I mean dot, not the yellow button which is on every machine.

Search this Thread