Security/passport control lines at ORY Sud

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2009, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist

I will be flying EC ex-ORY Sud on a Sunday evening in mid-July. I'll be checking in online and not checking any bags. Realistically, what kind of waits should I expect going through security and passport control?
While I normally appreciate some quality lounge time, it doesn't sound as though the Servisair-operated one there is worth arriving early for, so I'd like to figure out when I really need to arrive.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:54 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
I flew this route back in January this year and arrived at the airport the recommended 3 hours before departure. At first I thought that this was too much time but since it was our first time flying out of ORY I listened to the Concierge.

Check-in was a breeze and passport control was not too bad. Past passport control is the first security checkpoint and a MAJOR bottleneck area. There was no "FastTrack" lane (we were flying OpenSkies BIZ) so with a couple hundred people in front of us we had to move through a winding maze as many more people started to queue up behind us.

Fortunately, an OpenSkies representative saw our boarding passes and allowed for us to go through the Crew Security line (this, BTW, started quite the commotion amongst other pax in the line up).

The ServiceAir Lounge is quite modern (reminded me of Austrian Airlines Lounge at Vienna-Schwechat and the London Lounge at Heathrow) and self-serve.

There was another security line at the gate to board the flight. Incidentally, there were only 7 pax in BIZ but the rest of the plane was full. A very nice way to fly into JFK and I much preferred ORY to CDG.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Thanks, luxury. I had almost the opposite experience. A very crowded terminal, and it was difficult to find my way through the snaking lines. Checkin was very slow (it took them half an hour to check in the 5 or 6 pax in front of me, and that entire part of the airport was NOT well airconditioned, if at all), and, while passport control lines moved a bit quicker, they were quite long, so that was another 15-20 minutes or so. Security was actually quite quick and mercifully that part of the airport was far cooler. When I got to the lounge (a good hour before my flight), they told me I had to go to the gate immediately, as we would be bussed to the plane and boarding had already begun. A complete fabrication, it turned out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.