Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Paris restaurant suggestions

Old Mar 24, 09, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

OK, I may be opening up a can of worms here - no pun intended - but my husband and I are going to Paris mid June and would welcome any restaurant suggestions for dinner. There is one caveat, we prefer bistro/brasserie type places. We've been to Lassere and adored it, but we're looking for something more akin to Fontaine de Mars, Benoit etc. Also, the availablity of outdoor seating is a plus. Many thanks!
Old Mar 24, 09, 3:55 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Here's a start:

http://www.patriciawells.com/paris/ptables-bistros.htm
Old Mar 24, 09, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Great info. Thanks!!!
Old Mar 24, 09, 6:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold A3 Gold IB Plata
There should be a ton of info in the France forum.
Old Mar 24, 09, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

I'm rather new to this site so I'll try to find it (the Paris "forum") and check it out. My husband is pretty simple, God love him, give him a good steak and frites and he's happy. I tend to be a little more adventurous. Again, thank you, all, for your thoughts and insights. Just imagine, just 10 years+ ago how we traveled. Depending on travel agents to secure reservations and then calling/writing to make dinner reservations. I feel like a dinosaur at times...
Old Mar 24, 09, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Oops, I meant the "France" forum...:
Old Mar 24, 09, 7:54 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by Sunny 1 View Post
I'm rather new to this site so I'll try to find it (the Paris "forum") and check it out. My husband is pretty simple, God love him, give him a good steak and frites and he's happy. I tend to be a little more adventurous. Again, thank you, all, for your thoughts and insights. Just imagine, just 10 years+ ago how we traveled. Depending on travel agents to secure reservations and then calling/writing to make dinner reservations. I feel like a dinosaur at times...
For your husband:

http://travel.nytimes.com/2007/04/29.../29Choice.html
Old Mar 25, 09, 3:51 am

This thread might help.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/franc...ner-paris.html
Old Mar 25, 09, 4:34 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by francophile View Post
one she mentions, Au Bon Accueil is one of my favs. very close to Eiffel Tower yet not crowded with tourists.
Old Mar 25, 09, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Thansks for all of the links! As for Au Bon Accueil, I'm so glad to hear it's a favorite. In doing research, that restaurant made it to the top of my list of restaurants to try. It's hard researching because one has to step back and think why is someone writing an individual review - they either had a great experience or a very bad one. I tend to trust the "foodies" like Patricia Wells etc. and that's also why I put it out to you. Again, thank you for all of your thoughts!
Old Mar 25, 09, 11:15 pm

Programs: AA 2MM
Christian Constant has 4 restaurants/cafes on rue Saint-Dominique in the 7th. I've eaten at Cafe Constant and les Cocottes: superb food and fairly moderate prices, but usually mobbed as not all take reservations. For me, part of the lure of returning to Paris is tucking in at one of his tables.
Old Mar 26, 09, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by MDSD View Post
Christian Constant has 4 restaurants/cafes on rue Saint-Dominique in the 7th. I've eaten at Cafe Constant and les Cocottes: superb food and fairly moderate prices, but usually mobbed as not all take reservations. For me, part of the lure of returning to Paris is tucking in at one of his tables.
We ate at his Fables de la Fontaine last Sunday night, Constant's small seafood restaurant on the Rue St. Domonique. It is quite small and the cooking wass very uneven (we both liked our starters but were very disappointed by the mains).

Another good Sunday option is the Rotisserie du Beaujolais on the Quai de la Tournelle in the 5th --actually across the street from Tour d'Argent (I thinks it has the same ownership). For us, it was the perfect Sunday lunch, roast chicken and those incomparable mashed potatoes that only the French can make. Terrific starters as well and very reasonably priced wine list.
Old Apr 2, 09, 12:55 am

Very good suggestions.

Originally Posted by francophile View Post
Old Apr 5, 09, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! Any personal favs from Patricia Wells' favorite bistros list?
Old Apr 5, 09, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA plat, spg plat, aa plat, marriott plat
chowhound.com is a good resource!

Search this Thread