Wiki Posts
Search

Paris Museum Pass 1st Sunday question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2009, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: LT AAdvantage Gold
Question Paris Museum Pass 1st Sunday question

I'm a believer in the Museum Pass, but our next trip to Paris (strike permitting) will be over the 1st Sunday of the month, when the major museums are all free.

Is there any benefit to having the pass on one of those Sundays? You can escape the ticket lines with a pass, but what if no ticket is required?
Old Jan 28, 2009, 1:14 am

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by jpmcdonough
I'm a believer in the Museum Pass, but our next trip to Paris (strike permitting) will be over the 1st Sunday of the month, when the major museums are all free.

Is there any benefit to having the pass on one of those Sundays? You can escape the ticket lines with a pass, but what if no ticket is required?

No benefit to have the pass on 1st Sundays. You'll just have to be on the same line with those who paid nothing. 1st Sundays are not really good time to visit museums although it's bearable.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 4:26 am
iff

Originally Posted by N227UA
No benefit to have the pass on 1st Sundays. You'll just have to be on the same line with those who paid nothing. 1st Sundays are not really good time to visit museums although it's bearable.
It helps if you get there earlier in the day rather than later. Last fall I walked into the Musée Rodin just after opening time on a 1st Sunday with no wait and no line whatsoever.

Lines are likely to be longer at the more "popular" museums.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: LT AAdvantage Gold
Okay, we'll plan accordingly. Thanks for the feedback.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.