Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Chocolates for Christmas... when you can't be there.

Chocolates for Christmas... when you can't be there.

Old Dec 3, 08, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Credit Cards
Smile Chocolates for Christmas... when you can't be there.

So I doubt I could make it to France in time for Christmas, but I would really like to send someone a nice Christmas gift like say some Godiva chocolates.

Is there a local service around Lyon that I could purchase in the states and have locally delivered?

Any other suggestions?

thanks,
--Russ
Old Dec 7, 08, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA PLT 1MM; UA Sil; DL GM
Godiva???? Not a gift that says you care to the average chocolate-loving Frenchman. In Lyon you want to order from Bernachon. Locals may have better suggestions but you can't go wrong with this venerable house. The house speciality is the "palet d'or", a luscious flat chocolate-filled disk decorated with gold leaf, but everything is sinfully delicious. Marrons glacés (candied chesnuts) are also traditional at this time of year; they're not listed on the website but there are pictures of them on the site (wrapped in gold foil, bottom right of contact page). They take mail and fax orders.
Old Dec 7, 08, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

cool!

thats the info I was looking for.

thanks!
Old Dec 8, 08, 8:35 am

Programs: DL GM
An enthusiastic for the Bernachon recommendation. Their chocolates are fantastic! (You should get some for yourself next time you're in France- you'll never want Godiva again.)
Old Dec 8, 08, 8:57 am

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
try zchocolat.com
it is a company based in France that ships all over the world.
I have ordered several times and the chocolates are amazing.
you can ship all over the world, including of course, France
Old Dec 8, 08, 10:25 am

You might also like to contact Grimmer's Chocolaterie in Colmar, which not only makes delicious chocolates, marrons glacés and marzipan fruits, but also sends all over the world and throughout France. You will need to google them for their web address though.

PS Their tea room is full of good things too, including a tasting tray of different hot chocolates!!!
Old Dec 8, 08, 6:18 pm
In memoriam

I order from Maison du Chocolat in the US. My favorite. You can probably order from Paris (which is closer to you than the US). Robyn
Old Nov 10, 09, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

funny I found this post...

now I don't use holidays as an excuse to send chocolates and I found its much easier to send chocolates direct rather than buying them locally and arranging everything in a different language.

I have send boxes of chocolates from Sydney and Brisbane in Australia, Nadi in Fiji and even Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I send them just because... and the recipient loves them.

funny too the fact that the box of chocolates usually costs half the price of shipping, especially in Australia. But its a nice gesture.

Search this Thread