Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Day trips from Paris -with a car

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2008, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Day trips from Paris -with a car

There is another thread asking for day trip suggestions relying on trains.

In our case, we shall be renting a car and would appreciate very much any suggestions.

Thak you in advance.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 10:39 am

Programs: Many
Come to mind :
- D-Day beaches in Normandy
- Vaulx le Vicomte chateau
- Champagne tour
- possibly Sancerre wine region

Of course, driving could be an issue during a wine tour.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA, Delta, Starwood, Hilton, Hyatt,
The suggestions on the other thread you mentioned all apply here but the only thing I would caution is that the roads around the D-Day beaches after you leave the autoroute are very slow....lots of small towns, roundabouts...might be rather a long day trip, but doable. Also you could go south to the Loire valley for the amazing chateaux. Chenonceaux and another ...Chambord perhaps...would work well.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 1:41 pm
Original Member

I liked Mont St. Michel if driving to the coast or Loire Valley to see chateaux like Chambord, Cheverny or Chenonceaux...
Old Jul 4, 2008, 2:44 pm

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmboŽ/Oyster/B&Q
You could go to Champagne (Reims/Epernay etc) and do a tour of the champagne houses.Then drive around the vineyards.Makes a nice day out.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 6:31 am

If you are a Roman Catholic, you might like to make a trip to LISIEUX, which is north of Paris, to visit the shrine of Saint Therese - the little flower.

ROUEN has a nice Cathedral, a famous old clock and is famous for where Joan of Arc was burned at the stake.

Monet's Garden at GIVERNEY is also a beautiful place to visit, and I understand that there is an American museum near by which is often combined with visits to the garden. I advise you to look up the garden site, because you may need to buy timed tickets to enter or book in advance because it gets very popular. A visit early in the morning or late afternoon might give you more space.

The Cathedral at CHARTRES is very famous for its stained-glass windows.

These are all reachable by car. I presume you'd like to pass on Disneyland Paris to the east of the City, but the area of MEAUX near it is famous for making Brie cheese ..........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.