Search

topless beaches in french riviera

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2008, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
topless beaches in french riviera

on behalf of a flyertalker who does not want to be named here, I post the following question. no snarky comments please, this is a serious question and I respect the privacy of the flyertalker.
thanks

chrissxb
co-moderator
france forum

I believe my wife would like to have the opportunity to be spontaneous and "daring" and try a moment or two of topless sunbathing if we happen to find ourselves on a topless beach during an upcoming visit to Nice. I don't think she'd be all that comfortable planning it explicitly, but I think after the fact it would be an experience she'd never tell anyone about but would relish in her memories.

So I'd like to be able to know in advance how to determine if a beach in the Nice area is topless or not, so as to make sure my wife just happens by chance to get her opportunity. Can anyone provide advice on this matter?
Old May 27, 2008, 2:19 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
i dont think there are any official topless or non topless beaches... it is rather the choice between top/topless OR nude. Showing boobs on beaches is totally normal in France on any beach.
(that french beach in Eurotrip actually wasnt in France but in Northern Germany!!)
Old May 27, 2008, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by mith
i dont think there are any official topless or non topless beaches... it is rather the choice between top/topless OR nude. Showing boobs on beaches is totally normal in France on any beach.
couldn't agree more. no problem at all. just look for the nicest beach and enjoy the sun
Old May 27, 2008, 3:04 am

Programs: Many
The FT couple could go to any beach on the French Riviera without any problem.

Naturism is another story.
Old May 27, 2008, 7:37 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Velocity + Miles & More
Women topless in the French Riviera is a way of life. Your wife should feel comfortable. Europeans will not look twice (oh except the English ).

Find the beach and relax its normal!
Old May 27, 2008, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
agree with all of the above.
it is all very casual. topless is not a problem.
I don't think it is the same for nude bathing but that was not the question.
tell her to enjoy it. I have a feeling you will too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.