Hotel de Fleurie

Old Sep 26, 05, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Hotel de Fleurie

Does anyone have any experience with this hotel in the St. Germain area? It gets generally good reviews on fodors and tripadvisor but it's only a 2 star-I usually go for at least a 3 star but it looks charming(of course) from the website and it has wi-fi throughout the hotel. We are going to Paris for 4days mid January and I was thinking about splurging on the Relais Christine but am still undecided. We're not in the room much but it will be a getaway sans children! Thanks.
Old Sep 26, 05, 5:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Loads of review on Trip Advisor

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...de_France.html
Old Sep 26, 05, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

I've seen those reviews and just wanted to know if anyone on this board had any experience or knowledge of the hotel, thanks.
Old Sep 28, 05, 3:58 pm

Programs: AF FB Platinum (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz Five Star / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Jac747
I've seen those reviews and just wanted to know if anyone on this board had any experience or knowledge of the hotel, thanks.
I live a few blocks away and it is a very nice, extremely well-maintained family-owned and run property. It is definitely a three-star property; I've always known it as a three-star and I walk by it all the time and they still have that rating.

I know three different people who have stayed there and all have returned several times. I have only seen one of the rooms and, though a bit small (often the norm here), it was very well-appointed and comfortable with a nice bathroom.

The Relais Christine is bigger and more grand, with that beautiful inner courtyard (I live a few doors away) and more spacious common rooms, but much more expensive.
Old Sep 28, 05, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Thank you so much! I've gotten rates from both of them and they are 100Euros apart, breakfast/taxes inclusive (we are going mid-Jan so there are some winter special rates) but the Fleurie does have the Wi-fi and why I'd rather spend the money on great restaurants, etc.
Old Sep 29, 05, 5:17 am

Programs: AF FB Platinum (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz Five Star / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Jac747
Thank you so much! I've gotten rates from both of them and they are 100Euros apart, breakfast/taxes inclusive (we are going mid-Jan so there are some winter special rates) but the Fleurie does have the Wi-fi and why I'd rather spend the money on great restaurants, etc.
We think alike - I would have gone with the Fleurie and used my savings on food, too.
Old Oct 6, 05, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Gold
The Hotel Fluerie is our favorite hotel in Paris. I haven't stayed in Relais Christine (as per another message I just replied to), but I know it looks fantastic from the outside and we love the neighborhood. That said, Hotel Fleurie is in the same neighborhood, albeit off a busier street, and much more reasonable price-wise.

The rooms at Fleurie are tres small, but the family that runs it is tres nice. I think if you want a great Left Bank location, a moderate price (by Paris standards) and you don't mind small rooms and a cramped elevator Hotel Fluerie would be a good choice.
Old Oct 7, 05, 9:09 am
Original Poster

There certainly are a lot of comments regarding small rooms at the Relais Christine also and most other hotels mentioned on tripadvisor, etc. I just love the look of the medieval breakfast room at the R-C and the price will never be lower than mid-Jan. I believe. Am still undecided if we can even squeeze in a quick trip to Paris that week.

Search this Thread