Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jfk-cdg

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2005, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Jfk-cdg

I was checking out the airfare to Paris for the end of July and was a little shocked at what I found. Almost $1,000 per person to go across the pond. That seems steep. I was looking for something a little cheaper and was wondering if someone could offer some tips.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 8:21 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
While window shopping for airfares, I've seen that many or most summer coach pax pay aroung US$1200 RT to/from Europe. This makes $1000 look cheap.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by First_Class_Flyer
I was checking out the airfare to Paris for the end of July and was a little shocked at what I found. Almost $1,000 per person to go across the pond. That seems steep. I was looking for something a little cheaper and was wondering if someone could offer some tips.
If you're going to only one city (Paris), then it's possible a Priceline package might be a good deal.

Otherwise, consider alternate airports for both departure and arrival (e.g. London or Brussels or Amsterdam, followed by another budget train or plane ride).
Old Apr 25, 2005, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
$1000 in midsummer for a transatlantic nonstop on a major carrier is a pretty good deal. From the west coast last summer, London fares bnriefly surged over $2000 in Economy.

If you're unconvinced you could try Icelandair via Reykjavik. Or fly into Amsterdam, usually the cheapest Eurohub from the States, and take the train down to Paris... it's three or four hours to the Gare du Nord.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.