Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel at CDG

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2005, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Sofitel at CDG

Anyone stay here, and what did you think?

I have a series of 1-night stopovers and am debating staying at CDG Sofitel or going into town. Flights come in early and leave early. So my wargaming is that it's safer to stay overnight at the CDG Sofitel, that way I am right there in the morning.

Already done the Paris tourist stuff [many years ago], so for these layovers I was just thinking of doing simple stuff like the Picasso museum for the inbound layover, and maybe Les Invalides and dinner followed by poker [or Jazz club] for the outbound layover.

Also, I found out the Paris stopovers are indeed free on Air France. Also Amsterdam stopovers are free on KLM. These are for routes into Africa.

M8
Old Mar 16, 2005, 3:06 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

AF put us up at the Sofitel when our connection from VCE was delayed. There was a special floor for AF pax. Thought the hotel was fine and the restaurant was pretty good, as well. However, I much prefer the Hyatt at CDG.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Depending on when you are traveling, just got a 53EUR rate at Hilton CDG inclusive of taxes for the night of April 17th. 5 minute shuttle and it saves me 100EUR over Hyatt/Sofitel/Sheraton.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
Depending on when you are traveling, just got a 53EUR rate at Hilton CDG inclusive of taxes for the night of April 17th. 5 minute shuttle and it saves me 100EUR over Hyatt/Sofitel/Sheraton.
53EUR! And how did you manage that?

M8
Old Mar 16, 2005, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
I stayed there about a week ago. Its nice enough. The restuarant was recently renovated and the food was fairly good. The rooms are fresh probably having been renovated in the past 4 years. They dont have the Sofitel "MyBed" but the beds were comfortable. Its not an amazing hotel but it was nice. There is a shuttle every twenty minutes to the airport.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 6:48 am
Original Poster

I think I will stay at the Hilton CDG. I'll post stopover plans later, for comments and suggestions.

M8
Old May 27, 2013, 1:37 pm

Any updates on the Sofitel at CDG, specifically how it compares to other hotels like the Sheraton or Hyatt?

I've always enjoyed Sofitel breakfasts....
Old May 27, 2013, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by MareLuce
Any updates on the Sofitel at CDG, specifically how it compares to other hotels like the Sheraton or Hyatt?

I've always enjoyed Sofitel breakfasts....
There's been no Sofitel at CDG since 2007. Hotel was rebranded a Pullman.
Suggest you do a search "CDG" in the Accor Hotels forum for more recent information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.