Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Etoile or Concorde La Fayette

Old Nov 2, 2004, 8:01 am
Original Poster

If I have the choice between Le Meridien Etoile or Hotel Concorde La Fayette, low end rooms in each (and no other choices), which should I pick?
Old Nov 2, 2004, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Don't know the Concorde, but I've never met a Le Meridien I didn't like. From a room standpoint that is.
Old Nov 3, 2004, 6:02 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
I thought the same too about Le Meridien, until I stayed at the Paris ones, where I was not impressed. However, the redeeming feature of the Le Meridien Etoile is the jazz club, which is very good (if a little expensive). The rooms are very old and cramped, though, and the service rather patchy.

To be honest, though, I found the Concorde rather similar.

Given the choice between the two I would choose Le Meridien, but that's only because I collect Moments points...
Old Nov 6, 2004, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Yeah, I should have said at the Parisien Le Meridiens you MUST pay for or get upgraded to an executive level room. The regular rooms are not worth the money they charge, IMHO.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 7:24 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, Intercontinental Platinum
Le Meridian is within walking distance of the Arc de Triumphe, just outside of the "wall". I've been to the jazz club, if you hit it on the right night, it's hops pretty good!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.