Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

when is fashion week in September?

Old Jun 29, 04, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt, BonWhut?

lala is looking for moderately priced accomodation for one night (the other two are on points) and her usual hotel is pricing in at 260 euros.

Does fashion week start Sept 6, 2004?

thanks.
Old Jun 29, 04, 6:05 pm
Suspended

It memory serves me its actually the first week in Oct. Visited the city on two ocasions in early October and found lots of places booked.
In fact in three years ago Fashion Week was preceeded directly by the very popular Paris Auto Show, add to that of course Europe's biggest horse race Prix Arc de Triomphe ( one on the main reasons I was there) on the first Sunday in October which was the 1st if I recall, you are looking at a very busy city.
mike

Last edited by MIKESILV; Jun 29, 04 at 6:08 pm
Old Jun 29, 04, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt, BonWhut?
pret a porter and other shows.. textile show etc...
Old Jun 30, 04, 8:37 am

Programs: AF F+ Rouge / Flying Ash®
Here is a link to the Paris Chamber of Commerce's schedule of conventions and shows on a month by month basis:

http://www.ccip.fr/cadres/contenu/c-foirsomuk.htm (scroll down the page a bit for the free info!)

It's not a great one, but it does give you a "heads up" as to what kind of things will be going on and where.

Women's prêt-à-porter (and accessories) is at the Porte de Versailles from Sep 3-6th; Maison & Objet is at Villepinte from the 3-7th; the Biennale Des Antiquaires is from the 15-28th ... all of these tend to draw big crowds that suck up lots of centrally located hotel rooms.
Old Jul 1, 04, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

merci bvh for the link.

I found a hotel for our middle hotelless night -- jardin de l'odeon, it was 145 euros with air con. I think it will fill my taller half's needs to recover from a souless chain hotel.

I am hoping I can move my PH reservation and use that 145 Euros on food and a small bauble for the cat.

Search this Thread