Taxi service (one day city tour)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2022, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Skyteam Elite Plus (KE Morning Calm Premium)

My family (grandparents in 70s, parents in 40s, 2 kids - age 12 and 14) will have one day layover in Paris.

We will arrive at late night Saturday in CDG and leave late afternoon the next day Sunday. We will stay in a hotel near CDG.

I was thinking about renting a car to have one day tour of Paris. I am curious about the price of renting a van-taxi for 4 hours.

For example,
Sunday morning 9AM Pick up at CDG
9AM-10AM CDG-Eiffel tower (traffic would be light since it is Sunday morning)
10AM-1030AM short photo time
1030AM-1200PM sightseeing in taxi driving by Champs-Élysées / Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris / Louvre Museum / Montmartre
1200PM-100PM back to CDG (lunch and get ready for the flight)

Two kids have never been to Paris while other adults have been to Paris multiple times.

Do you think the schedule would work?

Can you recommend a taxi company? We need 8 passenger van with a driver. We do not need a guide.

Thank you.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by poohhead80

Can you recommend a taxi company? We need 8 passenger van with a driver. We do not need a guide.
G7 has big Mercedes vans that I think can hold eight people. Call them to check.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 2:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you haven't driven a lot in Europe. I wouldn't try to drive around Paris and to/from CDG even on a Sunday morning. Remember also that it will take time to pick up and return a rental car, a four hour or one day rental will be expensive, and few rental vehicles can hold 6-8 people.

If you hire a taxi, I'd guess that you would want to check out of the hotel in the morning and put all luggage into the taxi, having the taxi drop everyone at CDG afterward. Do you want to pay the taxi to wait while you each lunch or could you have lunch at the airport later, perhaps in a lounge? I wouldn't try to go to CDG first to check in (it might not be possible so early and then what would you do?) and get the taxi there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.