Search

Terminal 1 at CDG

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2022, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aegean Miles&Bonus
Terminal 1 at CDG

Hello
Does anyone have information on when terminal 1 at CDG is going to open?
Old Aug 17, 2022, 10:53 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Silver
Terrminal 1 is scheduled to reopen in December 2022. Apparently they have been doing major renovations on it, so let's hope that it will be spectacular after all this time.
jkgrpas likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aegean Miles&Bonus
Originally Posted by kerouac2
Terrminal 1 is scheduled to reopen in December 2022. Apparently they have been doing major renovations on it, so let's hope that it will be spectacular after all this time.
thank you for taking the time to reply
I was trying to find some information online and it was impossible
may I ask how do you have this info?
Old Aug 17, 2022, 2:50 pm

I looked it up in French.
jkgrpas likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 1:29 am

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Just read some airlines will begin migrating back to T1 in December , great news, with the rest happening in January. Great news.
jkgrpas likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 6:27 am

Programs: A3 Gold; FB Gold; Hertz Gold
Just FYI, this link gives the timeline for airlines moving to Terminal 1 over the coming 6 weeks or so:

https://easycdg.com/terminal-1-paris...arlesdegaulle/
Old Nov 30, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: LH Senator
Originally Posted by W126Pilot
Just FYI, this link gives the timeline for airlines moving to Terminal 1 over the coming 6 weeks or so:

https://easycdg.com/terminal-1-paris...arlesdegaulle/
It's really confusing! LH group was supposed to move to T 1 tomorrow, i checked in and boarding pass says 2 B... I'm lost
W126Pilot likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 2:00 am

Programs: A3 Gold; FB Gold; Hertz Gold
Ugh, that's confusing. Can you let us know what ends up being the case, and what the lounge situation is like in Terminal 1 following the construction that has taken place, if your flight is indeed over there?
Old Dec 1, 2022, 4:52 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by kttosia
It's really confusing! LH group was supposed to move to T 1 tomorrow, i checked in and boarding pass says 2 B... I'm lost
Originally Posted by W126Pilot
Ugh, that's confusing. Can you let us know what ends up being the case, and what the lounge situation is like in Terminal 1 following the construction that has taken place, if your flight is indeed over there?
It's Terminal 1 according to the official website, and flights today did indeed depart from Terminal 1:

https://www.parisaeroport.fr/passage...ennes-pariscdg
Old Dec 4, 2022, 12:23 pm

With the reopening of Terminal 1 on December 1st, 50 airlines are scheduled to move around, not all of them on the first day and a lot of airlines at Terminal 2 will just move to other parts of Terminal 2 that have been vacated by airlines going to Terminal 1. So you should only trust the latest information from your airline, not any other usually reliable site that may not have been updated.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 1:55 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by kerouac2
With the reopening of Terminal 1 on December 1st, 50 airlines are scheduled to move around, not all of them on the first day and a lot of airlines at Terminal 2 will just move to other parts of Terminal 2 that have been vacated by airlines going to Terminal 1. So you should only trust the latest information from your airline, not any other usually reliable site that may not have been updated.
In the case of Lufthansa, both the official airport website and the airline say that they're back in T1 (and that the lounge has reopened). I'd trust those over the boarding pass which probably used the information available at the time of printing (i.e pre-move).
Old Jan 9, 2023, 2:44 am

Programs: LH Senator
Hello indeed for LH/LX it was terminal 1 from 1.12, when i complained about boarding pass confusion at the check in reaction was - "yes we know".
I overheard some guy in the lounge complaining that he went to terminal 2.
LH business lounge was a mess, many things missing (only cava, no white wine?! wooden cutlery and it was freezing cold).
There are 2 lifts to the LH lounge located in the basement - 1 did not work, other got stuck like 1 meter above the floor so people had to jump out of it.
LX plane was about 20 meters from the gate so one needed to walk down, and up again, no idea why plane was parked like that.
Overall impression was big mess instead of red carpet I expected on the opening day ;-)
Old Jan 9, 2023, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by kttosia
Hello indeed for LH/LX it was terminal 1 from 1.12, when i complained about boarding pass confusion at the check in reaction was - "yes we know".
I overheard some guy in the lounge complaining that he went to terminal 2.
LH business lounge was a mess, many things missing (only cava, no white wine?! wooden cutlery and it was freezing cold).
There are 2 lifts to the LH lounge located in the basement - 1 did not work, other got stuck like 1 meter above the floor so people had to jump out of it.
LX plane was about 20 meters from the gate so one needed to walk down, and up again, no idea why plane was parked like that.
Overall impression was big mess instead of red carpet I expected on the opening day ;-)
Apart LH lounge catering, you seem to forget you are dealing with ADP. Never set your expectation level too high
Old Jan 10, 2023, 12:04 pm

For those who have gone thru the re-opened T1, a report on the new configuration (connecting the gate pods air side) would be welcome.

Also, any change to the old set-up of having security after the lounges?

Last edited by Mountain Trader; Jan 10, 2023 at 12:13 pm
Old Jan 16, 2023, 2:15 pm

Programs: Yes, I belong.
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
For those who have gone thru the re-opened T1, a report on the new configuration (connecting the gate pods air side) would be welcome.

Also, any change to the old set-up of having security after the lounges?
I passed through on a 22 hr layover (CAI-CDG-YYZ) a few days ago, on my first visit to T1. Once immigration was cleared it felt fairly easy to move around the terminal, although not particularly fast. There’s a lot of high end shopping in the international departures area (we were gate 37), but not a lot of food options. The food options we found were slow and disorganized - and only trust WC signage if it’s actually at the door to the WC.

Now, I’m not sure this is related to the terminal gearing up post-Reno, but immigration for non-EU was VERY slow. It took nearly 2.5h inbound and 0.5h outbound (the line grew exponentially after we joined it). I managed ok, but I can’t imagine being in that line if I had a medical condition or small child with me. Thank goodness I used the toilet prior to entering the ropes/stanchions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.