Wiki Posts
Search

CDG overnight hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
CDG overnight hotel

Flying out of CDG in early September. Dropping a lease car the day before @ the airport so it's easiest to stay there. Trying to determine best place to stay. Constraint, I will have a crate with art work we are bringing back from our house in Italy so a key consideration is how I am going to get the crate (~ 8"x24"x36") from the hotel to the ticket counter. Flying on AA with mid-afternoon flight. Options I am considering:

1) Sheraton - it's closest but I would probably have to walk/cart luggage & art
2) Hilton
3) Marriott Roissy (further away but supposedly has an airport shuttle - does it stop @ AA Terminal 2A?)

Anybody have some insights into which would work best for my circumstances?
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
for sure the Sheraton, yes you'll have to walk with your stuff for 200m, but that will be easier than any transfer from another hotel (involving a bus, train or car ride). And there are moving walkways between the Sheraton and the 2E sub-terminals.
JMN57 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 12:31 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Silver
Actually, they have put barriers at the walkways to prevent people from taking luggage carts on them, but the walkways are not super long anyway, so it is no big deel.
JMN57 and pbiflyer like this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

I just booked the Marriott CDG on points (22k) for the night. I'll see if the shuttle will/can take me to 2A or just get an Uber to do it. An Uber van is €20 which is substantially less than the difference between the Marriott and the Sheraton (€80-100 or 30k points) and then I can get luggage, the crate and ourselves from door-to-door without having to pile it all on a cart, etc.

Thanks for the comments - they helped me arrive at my ultimate solution.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Update - stayed @ the Marriott on 9/4-5. Hotel was very nice. We had a relaxing lunch on Sunday. Service was ridiculously slow but we weren't in a rush, the outside area pleasant and the food was surprisingly good. Breakfast next AM was buffet (included in our room) and it offered a wide and good selection. Shuttle doesn't run to terminal but to the train that takes you to the terminals so I ubered (€20 - for a van) which was quick and efficient and took us straight to the terminal. Recommended.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.