Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Monaco COVID Requirement?

Old May 17, 2022, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH, IHG

Wife and I (American, not fully vaccinated) are going to France May 29-Jun 9 and planning on doing day trip from Nice to Monaco on Jun 1 via train. Monaco's website states the requirements are not tied to nationality, but origin. Since we'll be in France for a few days, is France our origin? That would be green and require only test. If our origin is still technically USA, then that requires quarantine.
Old May 18, 2022, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH, IHG
Got a reply from Monaco tourism and adding here in case anyone is curious: To come to Monaco you have to present a antigenique or PCR test that is negatif and made less than 24h before.

I am not fully vaccinated

https://covid19.mc/en/the-sanitary-measures-in-force/ [covid19.mc]

Last edited by currid7; May 19, 2022 at 5:54 am Reason: Clarity
Old May 18, 2022, 5:01 am

Programs: Some...
Originally Posted by currid7
To come to Monaco you have to present a antigenique or PCR test that is negatif and made less than 24h before.
From your link, it says that you have to present a test if you're not vaccinated or if you've not recovered from covid in the last 6 month.

one of the following documents:
  • A negative result of a PCR or antigen test dated within the last 24 hours
  • Full vaccination*
  • A certificate showing proof of recovery from COVID-19: a positive PCR test taken more than 11 days ago and within the last 6 months

I know you are not fully vaccinated but for other readers...
Old May 18, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Silver
Basically, except for people arriving by sea, absolutely all obligations for visiting Monaco are the same as for visiting France since there are no land controls.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 1:57 pm

We just got back from France and took a day trip from Nice to Monaco. No documentation was needed.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 10:28 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Silver
Of course not. Monaco is a joke in terms of rules, although they were delighted to make a killing during lockdown in France since they did not apply any real rules. Monacans are immortal and never get sick.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.