Reload this Page >

Expansion of the pass sanitaire

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 12, 2021, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: snic
NOTE: The French government website for applying for a Pass Sanitaire is no longer functional. The information in the Wiki therefore no longer applies. Current advice is to go to a French pharmacy to get your CDC vaccination card converted to a Pass Sanitaire, and in the process be relieved of 36 Euros you didn't really need anyway.

What is a Pass Sanitaire and why would I want one?

The Pass Sanitaire is France's version of the EU Digital Covid Certificate. The Certificate is an electronic pass that shows either that the bearer has been vaccinated against Covid-19 or that the bearer has recently tested negative for Covid-19. It can be used to enter restaurants, lodgings, entertainment venues, museums, public transit, etc. Because it uses the EU standard, holders of the Pass Sanitaire can use it for these purposes all over Europe and in some non-EU countries (see the link above for details).

I'm vaccinated but not a French citizen or a citizen of a country that issues EU Digital Covid Certificates. Can I get a Pass Sanitaire showing I've been vaccinated?
Yes, if you have a travel ticket to France. See details below.

Do I really need a Pass Sanitaire? Can't I just show my American CDC vaccination record or my country's equivalent?
There are many reports of people being able to use their CDC record to enter restaurants, museums etc in France and other parts of Europe, especially in heavily touristed areas. However, there are a few reports of the CDC card being refused. As of this writing, some EU countries have requirements that those who have not been vaccinated must get tested for Covid-19 and show evidence of a recent test in order to enter restaurants etc. If a venue refuses to recognize your foreign certificate, in order to enter you would have to get a Covid test which would be valid for 2 to 3 days.

How do I get a Pass Sanitaire?
1. Go to this website and set up an account.
2. Answer the questions regarding your name, "foreign" address (that is, foreign to France - in other words, your home address outside of France), birth date, travel dates to France, and vaccination details. Upload the required documents, making sure the files are not too big (keep them under a few hundred kb). PDF files work fine. You will need images of:
-your passport
-your travel ticket showing dates of entry and exit from France
-your vaccination record
3. For the very last field ("fait a" - completed at), enter the date, time, and your location
4. Do NOT submit the application yet! See the next section, "When should I submit my application?"

When should I submit my application?
If you submit your application outside of the hours of 6 am to about noon Paris time, most likely your application will sit for weeks before it is reviewed. However, many people have had their applications approved almost instantaneously by submitting between 6 am and noon (12 am to 6 am Eastern time). If your application does not move to review within about 5 minutes after you submit it, simply start a new application and submit that one.

How do I start a new application? Do I need to use a new email address? And how do I submit an additional application for someone else, like a family member?
After you submit your application, click on "Dossiers" on the top of the page. Next to each application you've submitted, there is a link labelled "Actions". Click that and select the option to add a new application. The system will ask you to verify that you really want to do that rather than go to the existing application. Fill out the additional application as described above and submit it. You can use this process to either re-submit an existing application or submit an application for someone else, without having to set up a new account.

How do I know my application was approved?
You will receive an email. Also, in the "Dossiers" list, the status will say "Approved"

My application was approved on the second try. What do I do with the previous application that is still waiting for approval?
Just go to Dossiers, click the Action link, and choose delete (the trash can icon).

My application was approved. Now what do I do?
Your email will contain a link to a PDF file (also available for download from the "Dossiers" page). The file contains a QR code and your vaccination details. This is your Pass Sanitaire. You could just print this out and show it on demand, and/or you can make a digital version that is stored on your phone (see below). It's probably a good idea to print out a copy to take with you even if you make a digital version, in case your phone gets lost, stolen or damaged.

How do I upload the Pass Sanitaire to my phone?
To make a digital version, you have several options. Each country in Europe has its own app that allows its citizens to store a digital version of their EU Digital Covid Certificate. Some of these are only available to the country's citizens because you have to enter your medical ID number in order to add the Certificate. However, a few countries have apps that anyone can use. France's "TousAntiCovid" app is one of them - you can download it from the Apple or Google app store even in the US. It will allow you to scan the QR code on the Pass Sanitaire you downloaded, and then it will store the code and info for you to display when needed.

Alternatively, you can store your Pass Sanitaire in your Apple Wallet or a third-party wallet app. An easy way to do this is to go to https://www.getcovidpass.eu/ on your phone's web browser and follow the instructions to scan your Certificate. It will then store the pass in your Apple Wallet or, if you use Android, prompt you to download the "YourPass" app that provides the same functionality.

Using either the TousAntiCovid or wallet apps, or the paper certificate, you should be able to use your Pass Sanitaire throughout Europe, not just in France.

Does the Pass expire? Can I use it for multiple trips?
The website of the French consulate in Washington states that the pass for visitors does not expire. You should be able to use it for multiple trips. However, keep in mind that the authorities may change the vaccination requirements in the future (e.g., requiring a third vaccine injection). Your Pass will show only the vaccines you've received prior to submitting your application, so it would be rejected if your vaccines no longer meet the requirements.

I'm not visiting France. Are there other ways for non-Europeans to get a EU Digital Covid Certificate?
Yes. Some ways that have been reported to work:
1. Ask a pharmacist in Germany to convert your CDC card to a EU QR code. There are mixed reports of success with this; see the Germany forum and the top of this thread.
2. Upload your CDC card to the health department of a Swiss canton. There are reports of people getting a QR code without even even sending proof of a stay in Switzerland. See the same thread linked to just above, posts starting around October 16, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Expansion of the pass sanitaire

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Hi folks - have seen plenty of data points but just trying to get some intel ahead of my trip to Paris on Monday:

1. I have an expired pass reflecting my one J&J dose in 3/21. Boosted with Moderna in 11/21; my understanding is that my existing pass can be updated for the EUR 36 fee, correct? I've read about some issues with the validity of J&J single doses being updated with the booster.

2. My gf (who will not be traveling with me) wants to get hers sorted so is it an issue if I've got her passport/vax card and she's not physically present? Additional complication - she's a non-US citizen (we reside together in the US) with a CDC card.

Appreciate any info!

TT
Old Feb 15, 2022, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by timezone_trooper
1. I have an expired pass reflecting my one J&J dose in 3/21. Boosted with Moderna in 11/21; my understanding is that my existing pass can be updated for the EUR 36 fee, correct? I've read about some issues with the validity of J&J single doses being updated with the booster.

2. My gf (who will not be traveling with me) wants to get hers sorted so is it an issue if I've got her passport/vax card and she's not physically present? Additional complication - she's a non-US citizen (we reside together in the US) with a CDC card.
No issues with J&J as the original vaccine and adding a Moderna or Pfizer booster. It is explicitly covered on the French govt website. But I don't know about getting a QR code on behalf of someone else. Sounds iffy.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
No issues with J&J as the original vaccine and adding a Moderna or Pfizer booster. It is explicitly covered on the French govt website. But I don't know about getting a QR code on behalf of someone else. Sounds iffy.
I've got all the proof anyone could ask for to validate our cohabiting. I imagine that families trying to get their pass don't all queue up in the pharmacies but I guess we'll find out on Monday.

TT
Old Feb 15, 2022, 4:15 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by timezone_trooper
I've got all the proof anyone could ask for to validate our cohabiting. I imagine that families trying to get their pass don't all queue up in the pharmacies but I guess we'll find out on Monday.

TT
While I can't help you, I'd be grateful if you could help me after your pharmacy visit on Monday. I have a European passport and a CDC vaccination card (no US passport), and I'm hoping that won't be a problem... So please let me know if the pharmacy had problems with your gf's passport not being a US one.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by ffay005
While I can't help you, I'd be grateful if you could help me after your pharmacy visit on Monday. I have a European passport and a CDC vaccination card (no US passport), and I'm hoping that won't be a problem... So please let me know if the pharmacy had problems with your gf's passport not being a US one.
I'll report back with my experiences.

TT
ffay005 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by woodenshoe101
I did a bit more digging on this. I cannot find them in the database (here: https://www.sante.fr/obtenir-un-pass...tion-letranger ), but it may be because of syntax errors in my search request. However all 3 pharmacies at CDG T2 offer conversion of foreign vaccination records in to French passes.

I can't get these entries to come up on the site itself, but they are in the database:

2D https://www.sante.fr/pharmacie-dofficine/tremblay-en-france/pharmacie-ibghei

2F https://www.sante.fr/pharmacie-doffi...harmacie-du-2f

2E https://www.sante.fr/pharmacie-dofficine/roissy-en-france/pharmacie-lahmi

As mentioned above, they are all outside security so unless a connection is sufficiently long to get landside and then back airside, it may be limited use/opportunity when connecting in CDG.
It is good to have a list of potential pharmacies in the airport. I looked at this list as well as the government website with the list of pharmacies in Paris proper. Most do not show any hours. Is there an easy way to find that out? Also, do you typically have to make an appointment for the conversion or is it a walk in type thing? There was no where to click for an appointment on the website, but not sure if that means I shouldn't try through other means.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by darkrider
It is good to have a list of potential pharmacies in the airport. I looked at this list as well as the government website with the list of pharmacies in Paris proper. Most do not show any hours. Is there an easy way to find that out? Also, do you typically have to make an appointment for the conversion or is it a walk in type thing? There was no where to click for an appointment on the website, but not sure if that means I shouldn't try through other means.
no appointment needed.
darkrider likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by darkrider
It is good to have a list of potential pharmacies in the airport. I looked at this list as well as the government website with the list of pharmacies in Paris proper. Most do not show any hours. Is there an easy way to find that out? .
I used Google maps to show their hours.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I don't know about Paris, but out where I live you have to have an appointment. Or at least that is what happened when the latest variant hit and there were so many people taking tests. We had to use https://www.doctolib.fr/ to reserve a slot.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 6:23 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, SQ*G, QR Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I'm travelling to Paris in March and was vaccinated in Asia. Do I need to get a booster shot in order to get the Pass Sanitaire? How long will the pass be valid?
Old Feb 18, 2022, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by pchanxx
I'm travelling to Paris in March and was vaccinated in Asia. Do I need to get a booster shot in order to get the Pass Sanitaire? How long will the pass be valid?
It depends on:
  1. Where in Asia you got vaccinated -- Turkey, Georgia, Armenia, Israel, Lebanon, Syria, the UAE, Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand issue vaccine certificates that are compliant with EU DCC standards, so if you have a certificate from one of these countries then you don't need to get a French pass at all, assuming you meet the vaccine reqs in #2 and the timing reqs in #3. (There are 35 non-EU countries in total that issue EU DCC-compliant passes -- here is the list.)
  2. What you got vaccinated with -- here's the details (in French) on which vaccines are acceptable, but broadly speaking if you have Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, J&J (approved for administration in the EU) or Covishield, R-Covi or Fiocruz (vaccinations recognized by France for travel purposes) then you don't need any additional doses, subject to the timing requirements in #3 below. If you were vaccinated with anything else you will need to get at least one additional dose of an mRNA vaccine, depending on which vaccine you originally received.
  3. When you got vaccinated: a pass is valid in France for 4 months following the final dose of an approved/recognized vaccine. If you are more than 4 months out* then you need an mRNA booster, which will generate a valid pass 7 days after the administration of the booster
*You might see language elsewhere that has a 7-month requirement -- as of 15 February this was shortened to 4 months, and not all pages might be updated yet
Old Feb 18, 2022, 10:22 am

Programs: American AAdvantage Platinum
I received my final Moderna vaccine March 24 and the booster October 25, before I received my Pass Sanitaire. I updated my pending application for the Pass Sanitaire to reflect the booster and the approved Pass Sanitaire shows all three shots, as does my CDC card.

Do I need to do anything else, re: pass vaccinal?
Old Feb 18, 2022, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by follonica2
I received my final Moderna vaccine March 24 and the booster October 25, before I received my Pass Sanitaire. I updated my pending application for the Pass Sanitaire to reflect the booster and the approved Pass Sanitaire shows all three shots, as does my CDC card.

Do I need to do anything else, re: pass vaccinal?
How did you update the pending application if I may ask? Was it by physically going into a French pharmacy or is there a different process? I also gave a Pass Sanitaire from last Summer that requires updating to reflect my booster, given in December.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by ARR72
How did you update the pending application if I may ask? Was it by physically going into a French pharmacy or is there a different process? I also gave a Pass Sanitaire from last Summer that requires updating to reflect my booster, given in December.
+1

In same situation.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 6:27 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage Platinum
I submitted my application for the Pass Sanitaire near the end of September. No action had been taken on it at the time it was decided to terminate the online application process, which I think was October-ish. It was still possible to update the application even though new applications were not accepted. Mine was still "in the hopper" so to speak, so I was able to update it with my booster. By Saturday, November 20, I still had heard nothing so sent an email asking if they were going to review/approve it. Come Monday, November 22, I had the approval. The Pass Sanitaire reflects all three shots

Last edited by follonica2; Feb 18, 2022 at 6:28 pm Reason: additional info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.