Reload this Page >

Expansion of the pass sanitaire

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 12, 2021, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: snic
NOTE: The French government website for applying for a Pass Sanitaire is no longer functional. The information in the Wiki therefore no longer applies. Current advice is to go to a French pharmacy to get your CDC vaccination card converted to a Pass Sanitaire, and in the process be relieved of 36 Euros you didn't really need anyway.

What is a Pass Sanitaire and why would I want one?

The Pass Sanitaire is France's version of the EU Digital Covid Certificate. The Certificate is an electronic pass that shows either that the bearer has been vaccinated against Covid-19 or that the bearer has recently tested negative for Covid-19. It can be used to enter restaurants, lodgings, entertainment venues, museums, public transit, etc. Because it uses the EU standard, holders of the Pass Sanitaire can use it for these purposes all over Europe and in some non-EU countries (see the link above for details).

I'm vaccinated but not a French citizen or a citizen of a country that issues EU Digital Covid Certificates. Can I get a Pass Sanitaire showing I've been vaccinated?
Yes, if you have a travel ticket to France. See details below.

Do I really need a Pass Sanitaire? Can't I just show my American CDC vaccination record or my country's equivalent?
There are many reports of people being able to use their CDC record to enter restaurants, museums etc in France and other parts of Europe, especially in heavily touristed areas. However, there are a few reports of the CDC card being refused. As of this writing, some EU countries have requirements that those who have not been vaccinated must get tested for Covid-19 and show evidence of a recent test in order to enter restaurants etc. If a venue refuses to recognize your foreign certificate, in order to enter you would have to get a Covid test which would be valid for 2 to 3 days.

How do I get a Pass Sanitaire?
1. Go to this website and set up an account.
2. Answer the questions regarding your name, "foreign" address (that is, foreign to France - in other words, your home address outside of France), birth date, travel dates to France, and vaccination details. Upload the required documents, making sure the files are not too big (keep them under a few hundred kb). PDF files work fine. You will need images of:
-your passport
-your travel ticket showing dates of entry and exit from France
-your vaccination record
3. For the very last field ("fait a" - completed at), enter the date, time, and your location
4. Do NOT submit the application yet! See the next section, "When should I submit my application?"

When should I submit my application?
If you submit your application outside of the hours of 6 am to about noon Paris time, most likely your application will sit for weeks before it is reviewed. However, many people have had their applications approved almost instantaneously by submitting between 6 am and noon (12 am to 6 am Eastern time). If your application does not move to review within about 5 minutes after you submit it, simply start a new application and submit that one.

How do I start a new application? Do I need to use a new email address? And how do I submit an additional application for someone else, like a family member?
After you submit your application, click on "Dossiers" on the top of the page. Next to each application you've submitted, there is a link labelled "Actions". Click that and select the option to add a new application. The system will ask you to verify that you really want to do that rather than go to the existing application. Fill out the additional application as described above and submit it. You can use this process to either re-submit an existing application or submit an application for someone else, without having to set up a new account.

How do I know my application was approved?
You will receive an email. Also, in the "Dossiers" list, the status will say "Approved"

My application was approved on the second try. What do I do with the previous application that is still waiting for approval?
Just go to Dossiers, click the Action link, and choose delete (the trash can icon).

My application was approved. Now what do I do?
Your email will contain a link to a PDF file (also available for download from the "Dossiers" page). The file contains a QR code and your vaccination details. This is your Pass Sanitaire. You could just print this out and show it on demand, and/or you can make a digital version that is stored on your phone (see below). It's probably a good idea to print out a copy to take with you even if you make a digital version, in case your phone gets lost, stolen or damaged.

How do I upload the Pass Sanitaire to my phone?
To make a digital version, you have several options. Each country in Europe has its own app that allows its citizens to store a digital version of their EU Digital Covid Certificate. Some of these are only available to the country's citizens because you have to enter your medical ID number in order to add the Certificate. However, a few countries have apps that anyone can use. France's "TousAntiCovid" app is one of them - you can download it from the Apple or Google app store even in the US. It will allow you to scan the QR code on the Pass Sanitaire you downloaded, and then it will store the code and info for you to display when needed.

Alternatively, you can store your Pass Sanitaire in your Apple Wallet or a third-party wallet app. An easy way to do this is to go to https://www.getcovidpass.eu/ on your phone's web browser and follow the instructions to scan your Certificate. It will then store the pass in your Apple Wallet or, if you use Android, prompt you to download the "YourPass" app that provides the same functionality.

Using either the TousAntiCovid or wallet apps, or the paper certificate, you should be able to use your Pass Sanitaire throughout Europe, not just in France.

Does the Pass expire? Can I use it for multiple trips?
The website of the French consulate in Washington states that the pass for visitors does not expire. You should be able to use it for multiple trips. However, keep in mind that the authorities may change the vaccination requirements in the future (e.g., requiring a third vaccine injection). Your Pass will show only the vaccines you've received prior to submitting your application, so it would be rejected if your vaccines no longer meet the requirements.

I'm not visiting France. Are there other ways for non-Europeans to get a EU Digital Covid Certificate?
Yes. Some ways that have been reported to work:
1. Ask a pharmacist in Germany to convert your CDC card to a EU QR code. There are mixed reports of success with this; see the Germany forum and the top of this thread.
2. Upload your CDC card to the health department of a Swiss canton. There are reports of people getting a QR code without even even sending proof of a stay in Switzerland. See the same thread linked to just above, posts starting around October 16, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Expansion of the pass sanitaire

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2022, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by CGRA
it used to be 15 mns. Now it's more one hour
Originally Posted by TomMM
I must have got lucky last week, 25 minutes for my results.
20 min two days ago.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by TomMM
I must have got lucky last week, 25 minutes for my results.
Originally Posted by Goldorak
20 min two days ago.
I'm the unlucky one
Old Jan 31, 2022, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Testing at LYS, inside the terminal, took 5 minutes for the results.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by Schultzois
Well, they gave me one paper apart from the pass itself, signed by a doctor, confirming administration of the third dose, the date, and the doctor confirming that she had advised patient that the vaccination cycle of three doses is completed… understanding better now what it is, I will indeed put it somewhere very safe. I also have of course kept digital scans of everything from before and now.

They didn’t give me any papers explicitly reflecting the first and second doses, but then I have kept documentation of that from the original doses administered in the US. I’ll see what I would need when I’m back in the US, but (somewhat unfortunately for the US) that’s probably one of the places on the globe where it will make the least difference.
What "flavors" of vaccine do they have available? I got my third dose at a Manhattan hospital where they asked you if you had Pfizer or Moderna for your first two and gave you the same thing.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 12:07 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by myperks
just convert online to a Swiss pass and cheaper.
i haven't been keeping up with the french covid pass -- is a swiss covid pass valid to show in france? us citizen (vaccinated in us) currently in zurich using swiss pass regularly, will this suffice in paris?
Old Feb 4, 2022, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by roberta_h
i haven't been keeping up with the french covid pass -- is a swiss covid pass valid to show in france? us citizen (vaccinated in us) currently in zurich using swiss pass regularly, will this suffice in paris?
any EUDCC (which Swiss pass is compatible with) should work in the EU/Schengen area.
LETTERBOY, ARR72 and roberta_h like this.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by roberta_h
Yes, if you got the booster.
LETTERBOY and roberta_h like this.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Yes, if you got the booster.
or 2nd dose less than 7 months ago, changing to 4 months on Feb 15th

Last edited by theplayer; Feb 4, 2022 at 2:52 pm
Old Feb 5, 2022, 12:28 am

Programs: UA
just convert online to a Swiss pass and cheaper.
swiss pass lasts only 30 days?

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home...eltigkeit.html

any pharmacies or other sites do it for less than 36 euros?
Old Feb 5, 2022, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by DoctorORD
swiss pass lasts only 30 days?

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home...eltigkeit.html

any pharmacies or other sites do it for less than 36 euros?
validity shows 1 year minus 1 day for the swiss issued certs via the online process.

30 days appears to be vaccine not approved. "You were vaccinated abroad with a vaccine for which emergency authorisation has been issued by the WHO but which has not been authorised by Swissmedic or the EMA"
Old Feb 5, 2022, 11:34 am

validity shows 1 year minus 1 day for the swiss issued certs via the online process.

30 days appears to be vaccine not approved. "You were vaccinated abroad with a vaccine for which emergency authorisation has been issued by the WHO but which has not been authorised by Swissmedic or the EMA"
with the new Swiss (Or general EU recommendation) rules cutting down boosters to 270, my Swiss cert now reflects 270 days after booster as opposed to when I got it earlier showing 1 year minus 1 day. I guess each participating country can deem the validity of the booster at this point m.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I suppose it is not unusual to laminate the CDC card for durability, as it starts falling apart pretty quickly.

Would anyone have firsthand experience on bringing a (self-)laminated CDC card to a French pharmacy? Will they be suspicious or outright believe it is a forgery as the original is, of course, not laminated? I would hope they're used to seeing laminated cards but would like to avoid any misunderstandings or inconvenient situations especially since my knowledge of French is pretty much nonexistent.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don’t think they are that suspicious as it would get in the way of collecting their fee!
Old Feb 14, 2022, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by ffay005
I suppose it is not unusual to laminate the CDC card for durability, as it starts falling apart pretty quickly.

Would anyone have firsthand experience on bringing a (self-)laminated CDC card to a French pharmacy? Will they be suspicious or outright believe it is a forgery as the original is, of course, not laminated? I would hope they're used to seeing laminated cards but would like to avoid any misunderstandings or inconvenient situations especially since my knowledge of French is pretty much nonexistent.
just get one of these pouches

Amazon Amazon

i dont see the point of laminating. when you need booster shot, you would need to hand over the same card for them to fill out again.

although you will run out of space after certain number of shots
Old Feb 14, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Yeha I know, problem is, it's too late now to un-laminate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.