Getting a test in Aix en Provence

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:58 pm
exp
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
Getting a test in Aix en Provence

I'm not sure if this is the right site but I searched for testing facilities in Aix.

https://www.sante.fr/cf/centres-depi...tement-13.html

Is this part of the free testing France is offering? So any facility there, even private ones, will perform test for any reason?

In my case, Aix is the last place in France before I return to the US so I'm trying to obtain a test which would comply with the US re-entry requirements.

I will in fact spend a couple of nights in Barcelona after Aix but if I could get the test 3 days before my return flights to the US, it should meet the requirement.

There is actually a facility on Cours Mirabeau according to that Sante.fr site:

• Dépistage COVID - LBM LABOSUD PROVENCE BIOLOGIE SITE AIX - AIX EN PROVENCECRS MIRABEAU, 13080 AIX EN PROVENCE - 04 42 27 85 74
    Modalités d'accueil
    Lieu : LBM LABOSUD PROVENCE BIOLOGIE SITE AIX - AIX EN PROVENCE
    Public : Tout public
    Modalités de prélčvement : Sur place
    Accčs : sur rendez vous
    Horaires : lundi : 7h30-18h30
    mardi : 7h30-18h30
    mercredi : 7h30-18h30
    jeudi : 7h30-18h30
    vendredi : 7h30-18h30
    samedi : 7h30-12h00
    dimanche : fermé
And I found the website for the company running this lab facility:

https://labosud-provencebiologie.fr/...s/aix-mirabeau
Old Jun 16, 2021, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
in a big city like Aix, there's probably a 100 different places to get tested. All tests are free in France (everywhere). So you don't have to worry about finding a place.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 2:50 pm
exp
Suspended
Original Poster

I found some labs and pharmacies around Cours Mirabeau.

Emailed a couple and the lab said make an appointment but the pharmacies seem open.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 3:09 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Getting an antigen test is extremely easy everywhere in France these days –pretty much every single pharmacy of this country is doing them, for free, and you get your results in French and English via an SMS in 15 minutes.

Relax and enjoy your trip.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by Marambio
Getting an antigen test is extremely easy everywhere in France these days –pretty much every single pharmacy of this country is doing them, for free, and you get your results in French and English via an SMS in 15 minutes.

Relax and enjoy your trip.
Was just in Aix and as stated lots of places to get tests. Seemingly every pharmacy has a sign out front indicating tests are to be enjoyed inside.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 10:42 am
exp
Suspended
Original Poster

Great to hear but with France easing restrictions, no longer requiring tests for vaccinated people, could they scale back testing in the next 2-3 weeks when I will be looking for it?
Old Jun 19, 2021, 10:58 am

My guess is that there will still be plenty in a few weeks. They are relaxing the rules for people traveling to France, but these pharmacies were not really for that purpose. Anyone can use the services, but I think they are for the locals not international travelers. With the infection rates way down in France they may start to go away, but it seems like the infrastructure is in place and paid for by the government healthcare. So I suspect the pharmacies will keep doing it as long as possible. It’s just another income stream for them.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goldorak
All tests are free in France (everywhere).
Unless things have changed in the past few months and I am mistaken, I do not believe that this is quite correct. There are some locations where testing is entirely free for everyone but I believe that in the vast majority of places, you are expected to have a carte vitale to be eligible for free testing, which leaves somewhere in the region of 99% of the world population having to pay.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 2:26 pm
exp
Suspended
Original Poster

Yeah I can't find any official announcement.

All I see are references to Minister Beaune saying it on French radio.

So I may be in surprise when I go into a pharamcie. Maybe US will change the policy by mid July.
El Boocho likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by exp
Maybe US will change the policy by mid July.
Good point. I hope that’s the case for you.

Last edited by El Boocho; Jun 19, 2021 at 2:57 pm
Old Jun 19, 2021, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by NickB
Unless things have changed in the past few months and I am mistaken, I do not believe that this is quite correct. There are some locations where testing is entirely free for everyone but I believe that in the vast majority of places, you are expected to have a carte vitale to be eligible for free testing, which leaves somewhere in the region of 99% of the world population having to pay.
It's been stated many times by French officials that tests are free including for tourists. But, I have no personal experience to verify it as I am French and has a Carte Vitale.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 4:05 pm
exp
Suspended
Original Poster

I'll update the thread by mid July with what happened when I will try to get a test around then.

​​​​​​​If I get bored, I may get a test in Nice so that I can visit Monaco.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by exp
I'll update the thread by mid July with what happened when I will try to get a test around then.

If I get bored, I may get a test in Nice so that I can visit Monaco.
Maybe we broke the rules, I’m not 100% sure, but we went to Monaco for a day with no additional test and had no problems. The only issue we encountered was some restaurants wouldn’t serve us because we we didn’t live in a border region and weren’t staying in Monaco. The rules I read from the Monegasque consulate in DC grouped France and Monaco together and I felt could be interpreted to apply to Monaco and France as one unit. The interpretation might have been wrong if questioned, but seemed plausible.

Last edited by El Boocho; Jun 20, 2021 at 7:25 am
Old Jul 7, 2021, 2:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
Paid tests for tourists became effective today July 7. See:
https://www.sortiraparis.com/news/co...rting-/lang/en
Old Jul 7, 2021, 3:39 pm
exp
Suspended
Original Poster

Oh well, I did get a PCR test in Nice at Eurofins, to be able to visit Monaco.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.