Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How busy is Versailles at the moment?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2021, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

How busy is Versailles at the moment?

Hello! I will be visiting Paris for five days at the end of June 2021. I was thinking of visiting Versailles for the first time on Friday 25th. With the recent slowdown in tourism due to the pandemic, how busy do you think Versailles is going to be?

And for a first timer, what do you suggest visiting? I don't want to overdo it and would rather enjoy it at a leisurely pace as a half-day trip from Paris. I was thinking of sticking to the Palace and the Gardens (maybe only part of the Gardens), leaving out the Trianons and the Hameau de la Reine.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 1:52 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
All museums, including the Château in Versailles, are open but you need to book your tickets in advance because of Covid restrictions in the number of people who can enter simultaneously. This is inconvenient, because you can't just show up at the entrance and walk in, but also good because you'll probably have a very empty Château to share with just a handful of people. If you are already sure of your dates, I'd book ASAP. This applies to all attractions, particularly if you want to visit on a weekend, which is when locals also show up.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Marambio
All museums, including the Château in Versailles, are open but you need to book your tickets in advance because of Covid restrictions in the number of people who can enter simultaneously. This is inconvenient, because you can't just show up at the entrance and walk in, but also good because you'll probably have a very empty Château to share with just a handful of people. If you are already sure of your dates, I'd book ASAP. This applies to all attractions, particularly if you want to visit on a weekend, which is when locals also show up.
Thanks! In which case I'll probably go for the 11am on Friday 23rd. I do hope the palace will be fairly empty.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 8:36 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Rent a golf cart if the service is still offered. Definitely worth it IMO. It will save you a lot of walking and you can cover a lot more area in comfort and shade. Bring your driver license.
flyertalker0013223 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sleepro
Rent a golf cart if the service is still offered. Definitely worth it IMO. It will save you a lot of walking and you can cover a lot more area in comfort and shade. Bring your driver license.
Wow I didn't know this was possible. I'll look into it. Thank you!
Old Jun 23, 2021, 12:45 am

I rented a golf cart a couple of years ago visiting Versailles. It was a good introductory tour but rather limited in terms of time and designated routes. For some of the spots I wanted to linger longer, I ended up returning the cart and went back instead.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 5:56 am

Yes, you should book your day at Versailles.
It's not as busy as it was before the all Covid thing, so you gonna have great conditions to visit the place!
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Just an update on how my visit went: With the timed ticket I was in in no time. There was absolutely no queue at the security check. Unfortunately the weather wasn't good and had to cut short my visit of the gardens/park. I didn't book a golf cart as given the weather conditions I didn't think it worth it to spend too long in the park. I arrived at 12pm and by 3:15pm I had left the complex. Next time I'll visit the Trianons and the Hameau de la Reine and spend a bit longer in the gardens.
LETTERBOY and Goldorak like this.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 2:57 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
I went a few days ago. Absolutely no queue (even tho with the 2,000 visitors cap). Didn't book my tickets online as I saw there were plenty of slots left. Just walked in and no queues at the ticketing office either.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:29 am
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
Originally Posted by tosaerba24
Just an update on how my visit went: With the timed ticket I was in in no time. There was absolutely no queue at the security check. Unfortunately the weather wasn't good and had to cut short my visit of the gardens/park. I didn't book a golf cart as given the weather conditions I didn't think it worth it to spend too long in the park. I arrived at 12pm and by 3:15pm I had left the complex. Next time I'll visit the Trianons and the Hameau de la Reine and spend a bit longer in the gardens.
I was also in Paris for several nights towards the end of June.

I opted not to go because the gardens were a key part of the experience and the weather never cleared, was gray all the time.

Though in retrospect, might not have been a bad time for the interiors, with much smaller crowds than normal.m when I visited, it was about 30 years ago and it was a wave of people moving slowly. I couldn’t wait to get outside to the gardens.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by exp
I was also in Paris for several nights towards the end of June.

I opted not to go because the gardens were a key part of the experience and the weather never cleared, was gray all the time.

Though in retrospect, might not have been a bad time for the interiors, with much smaller crowds than normal.m when I visited, it was about 30 years ago and it was a wave of people moving slowly. I couldn’t wait to get outside to the gardens.
Moreover many areas in the gardens are closed when the fountains aren't working. And if you want to see them when the fountains are in operation, you need to get a different ticket...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.